How to Remove Ink From Louis Vuitton Bag
Most people must be familiar with the brand of Louis Vuitton. It was founded in 1854 by an ex-worker of the famous fashion house. It is a trendy and recognized brand to the fullest extent, not even to mention that it is the maker of high-class purses and handbags worldwide.
The company is located in Paris, where most luxury brands are based at. But sometimes, due to improper care, these luxury accessories might end up getting inked. For this reason, today, I will discuss how to remove ink from Louis Vuitton bag. So let us get started.
Step-wise Guide on How to Remove Ink From Louis Vuitton Bag
Polish the area of the stained bag with toothpaste. It will absorb the ink from your Louis Vuitton bag and leaves you with a clean finish. After that, wipe it off with a damp cloth to remove the polish. Do not forget to use a terry cotton towel because a regular towel can cause scratches in your LV bags.
Try stain remover on a small hidden part of your Louis Vuitton Bag first before going ahead full blast for cleaning purposes. The best way is to apply this directly onto the stain, leave it on for about 10 minutes, blot with soft paper tissue or any other non-abrasive material, and repeat until you find no more transfer of ink onto the towel or tissue. This may take up to 24 hours.
Slight Tip: You may use a handheld steamer from a distance of about 1 inch to loosen the dried ink, then proceed with rubbing inwards with a soft sponge. This will lift off most of the stains and leave you with a good finish!
Wipe your Louis Vuitton bag clean using a dry cloth repeatedly till the ink is removed or absorbed; remember not to rub it hard as it may lead to scratches. After that, apply the waterproof spray to prevent future contamination.
Do not allow any soap or oils on the leather part of LV bags as it may cause staining and damage them permanently. The above steps are best for removing ink from LV Monogram Vernis but if your case is different, refer to this other article on how to remove ink stains from Louis Vuitton bags.
Remove stamp marks using a wet towel and soap or after applying rubbing alcohol; leaving it for a few days may also help remove the stain. For mark on the leather part of LV bag, especially handbag use moisten soft toothbrush that is not abrasive and rub gently till you see improvement, later follow with a non-oily solution like vinegar or baby oil.
Soaking your LV bag in white vinegar overnight leave it for 24 hours if possible will help remove these ink staining from the leather purses!
If no cleaning agent works out for you, it’s time you proceed with a dry cloth. Only be very careful in applying pressure on the mark because it may leave a permanent stain! Use a toothbrush to brush off all the residue!
Apply conditioner or waterproof spray as a protective layer for your LV bag and overcome any drying effect of the cleaning agent. Do not rub the purse hard with a dry cloth after applying them; let it stay for few minutes, then wipe clean gently with nonabrasive soft material like a cotton towel or tissue paper.
You can also use baby oil or other light oil-based solutions for restoring the shine on the leather baggage of Louis Vuitton. This would work out really well if you previously used vinegar while removing ink stains from the Louis Vuitton backpack.
Precautions While Removing Ink From Louis Vuitton Bag
- Make sure that your Louis Vuitton bag is made of genuine leather.
- Before you apply our recommended methods for removing ink from a Louis Vuitton handbag, make sure that you will not damage the color and finish of the surface or lining fabric.
- These methods do not fix any damages caused by Ink/Ink Pen or other stains such as coffee, wine, oil, water-based makeup, etc.; thus, do not use these on soiled items because it could worsen the condition.
- Only try these methods if the ink is fresh; otherwise, it could cause permanent damage to your bag because dried ink will be tough to remove.
Maintenace of A Louis Vuitton Bag
- Do not expose a Louis Vuitton bag to direct sunlight for long periods of time, or it will fade the pattern and colors of your Louis Vuitton handbag.
- Don’t store your Louis Vuitton handbags at high temperatures or in humid conditions, such as close to an oven, heater, or swimming pool where the leather can deform.
- For maximum protection, avoid placing heavy objects on top of your Louis Vuitton handbag – especially wet items such as books. The weight may damage the leather over time and cause premature wear and tear (e.g., scratching).
- If your Louis Vuitton bag comes in contact with any liquid, make sure to wipe it off right away to avoid mildew and stains that may permanently damage your leather bag.
- Zippers on the outside pockets of your Louis Vuitton handbag are designed as decoration only; they are not built for heavy-duty use and should be avoided if you frequently put heavy objects inside the pockets.
- Do not drag a Louis Vuitton handbag along hard surfaces as this will likely cause scratches and dents on the bottom corners of the bag, which is most vulnerable when being carried. Instead, carry it using both hands or place it on a rolling cart when moving about on smooth surfaces such as tile floors.
- If the leather on your Louis Vuitton handbag has been scratched, you can have it repaired at an authorized repair center, and the scratches will be removed. As long as the damages are not beyond repair (e.g., stains from liquid spills), a professional restoration can help restore your bag to its original condition.
I hope this article has been beneficial for learning how to remove ink from Louis Vuitton bag. Thank you and have a nice day.
You should check it out – How to Remove Ink Stain From Canvas Bag