Are Bamboo Straws Reusable?
Bamboo straws are a type of reusable straw that is made from bamboo. They are eco-friendly and considered to be a sustainable alternative to plastic straws. You can use them for many years, which makes up for their higher price tag over other types of reusable straws.
Some people even have various types of reusable straws because there are so many options available on the market! In this article, we will have a detailed discussion on “are bamboo straws reusable.” So let us get started.
A Detailed Discussion on Are Bamboo Straws Reusable:
The widespread use of plastic straws has been a major concern for people across the globe who are aware of their contribution to global warming. Some companies have started using paper straws as a replacement, but they often dissolve within a few minutes of being put in water.
This leaves customers dissatisfied because it messes at restaurants or bars where drinks are served with ice cubes. The only solution is to return to reusable bamboo drinking straws since they can be reused for many years before being replaced.
For all those who have wondered whether bamboo straws are reusable, here is an answer from people from the US and UK who have invested in them already:
Bamboo Straw Society states that bamboo drinking straws are economical to use. For example, if a person begins with just one straw and goes through one every week, they would own 5226 straws in ten years!
Also, bamboo straws can hold up well when reused without breaking or wearing away. The good news is that these drinking straws come cheap and offer value for money to customers who wish to switch from plastic or paper items.
Bamboo Drinking Straw Review explains how much better bamboo drinking straws are than plastic and paper varieties. Here is what people like about them:
1) They do not leave any taste behind when used for smoothies, shakes, or flavored drinks; 2) They fit into most commercial cups; 3 It takes ages before a customer needs to change bamboo straws; 4) They can be reused for years before disposal; 5) Bamboo straws are easy to clean and sanitize.
Bamboo Drinking Straw Review says that all health enthusiasts, whether they prefer drinking smoothies or alcohol, should go in for these re-usable bamboo straws rather than plastic or paper ones that may contain toxins like bisphenol A (BPA).
BPA is a compound that can be harmful because it can act like the hormone estrogen when it gets into the body. People should try to avoid using products that have BPA in them because there is a chance that they could be exposed to it.
For example, food can be contaminated with BPA if packaged in plastic containers; the compound may enter the human body through baby bottles and feeding sippy cups.
Stepwise Guide on How to Resue Bamboo Straws:
Reusable bamboo straws are made up of natural bamboo, which can be reused repeatedly without any issues. The best thing about straws is that they are environmentally friendly, and more importantly, they do not cause any damage to nature.
These straws have a long life and considering their durability, and these straws can be used for years together. To reuse the bamboo straw, put it in the dishwasher or rinse with warm soapy water and let it dry before using it next time.
The material used in producing reusable bamboo beverage drinking straws is naturally grown organically certified bamboo plants. The size of each stem varies from an individual supplier, but 15cm to 20 cm in height is the usual size.
The stem is cut into pieces of straw length and has a diameter of 0.5cm to 1cm. It takes going through a complex process to make a single reusable straw. This includes boiling, cleaning, cutting, sanding and finishing, etc.
Bamboo Straws are made from natural bamboo plants, so each one varies in height and diameter.
The quality is also different from supplier to supplier because naturally grown bamboo plants vary from place to place, giving you good or not-so-good quality ones. However, still reusable straws are far better than plastic disposable drinking straws.
Reusable Bamboo Drinking Straw’s price range starts from $8 per piece and goes up depending on the length of the straw.
Bamboo Straws are priced compared to other plastic reusable straws because they can be used for many years without complaints, whereas other reusable straws have to be replaced after every few weeks due to wear and tear.
Bamboo Straw is an Eco-friendly product as no trees are cut down during the production of the bamboo beverage drinking straws. Hence, all eco-system remains intact, thus maintaining the ecological balance in nature too.
On the other hand, plastic disposable straws take more than 100 years to break down, so this creates huge damage to nature, due which we should shift from plastic drinking straws toward reusable bamboo drinkable ones for better and healthy planet earth.
Precautions While Reusing Bamboo Straws:
• Wash your bamboo straw with soap and warm water. Please do not put it in the dishwasher or wet it during use. This can lead to mildew.
• Allow your reusable bamboo straw time to dry completely before using it again. If there is any moisture left over, it will grow mold on your bamboo straw, which can harm your health!
• You should replace your reusable bamboo straw every one or two weeks for best results.
• While cleaning, inspect the length of the smooth inside of the hollow tube along its entire length. If splits, cracks, bulges, dents, or rough patches don’t “give” when you squeeze them between your fingers, throw that particular tube and replace it with a fresh one.
• Do not use your reusable bamboo straw if you find any of the above-mentioned problems with the inside surface. While it is unlikely that these defects could cause illness (unless you have allergies or sensitivities), they will make your straw more difficult to clean and may harm your health in other ways.
• Never drink hot liquids through a reusable bamboo drinking tube, as this may melt or warp the smooth surface inside the tube, leaving cracks for bacteria to grow.
• Never share food utensils with others unless you know for sure they are made from safe materials. Using someone else’s unsafe straw might lead to illness or infection.
Advantages of Resung Bamboo Straws:
Bamboo straws are much better than plastic straws that have many disadvantages.
1. Because of its natural material, bamboo, it is much better for the environment than any other type of straws in today’s market. It doesn’t leave any footprint on Mother Earth because bamboo grows fast and can be harvested every 20 years. Bamboo absorbs 20% more atmospheric carbon dioxide than an average tree which helps reduce greenhouse gases responsible for global warming.
2. Another advantage of using reusable bamboo straws is that they are cost effective. Instead of buying disposable plastic straws every day, you only need one to last a long time, and then you can pass it along or reuse them instead of throwing them away, which creates lots of waste.
3. Bamboo straws are the best because they are natural and biodegradable. They are made from one of the fastest-growing plants on Earth and can decompose naturally in a landfill without polluting the environment.
4. If you’re going to use reusable straws,, then it’s better to choose those made out of bamboo because of their natural anti-bacterial property,, which makes them easy to clean and more hygienic compared with plastic straws that easily retain dirt and bacteria even if cleaned regularly using dishwasher or handwashing using soapy water.
I hope this article has provided you with all the necessary information on “are bamboo straws reusable.” Thank you and have a nice day!
You May Read :- How to Clean Bamboo Straws