How to Change Colors When Knitting in the Round
The art of knitting has been around for as long as we can remember. Where traditionally, knitting is considered to be a grandma thing, but it is not actually. Anyone who wants to spend their time doing something or trying to thinking about making money can start learning how to knit. Among all the versions of knitting, round or circular knitting is one of them. If you are interested in round knitting and want to know how you can add colors to your items, follow our guide on how to change colors when knitting in the round.
What You Can Make with Round Knitting
Round knitting is a fun process. It may seem a lot difficult than regular knitting at first, but once you start to do it, you will find it more relaxing and more comfortable. There are many things you can do with round knitting. Some of the works of knitting will require you to do circular knitting if you do not want to do further sewing.
Round knitting makes the product that has to be joint very neat and clean. There will not be any sewing, and everything will look smooth. With circular knitting, you can make socks, beanie, or anything that requires it to be round. Once you start to use round knitting for your socks, you will never go back to your previous sock knitting processes. It is very addicting and fun, as we have said.
How to Round Knit
Before we can start with our process on how to change colors when knitting in the round, we will like to give you a head up on how you can knit it round in case you have not done it in a while and almost forgot your ways.
To start the process, get all the materials you need to do the work. You will need to have round needles to round knit. The circular needles are basically needling that are joint together. You will not be able to knit in the round if you do not have the kind of needles. Get your stitch marker and the yarn; you are ready to go.
You can divide the round knitting process into two halves. The first one is where you have to do the cast on, and then for the second round, you will do the knitting. The steps will go by-
- Cast on the yarn on your needles by using the basic cast-on techniques you know
1. Make a slip knot
2. Put in on the needle.
3. Make a loop on your thumb.
4. Put the needle under and 5. through the loop.
5. Remove your thumb and tighten it up.
6. Keep repeating the process to get the cast on ready.
- Once you form a whole line with the cast on, bring it all the way to the left side to wrap the entire round needles with stitches.
- Make sure the edge of the knitting of your cast-on stitches is in the middle of the needle.
- Now put the stitch marker on the right needle.
- Get both the tails of the yarn to make the first round.
- Insert the right needle onto the first stitch of the left needle
- Wrap the joint tails on the right needles and pull through the stitch
- Now work with the working tail following the same process.
That is all you need to start your round knitting. It may be a little confusing at the beginning, but once you begin to follow through the patterns and practice, you can quickly master up.
How to Change Colors When Knitting in the Round
Now we will move onto our main point, which is how to change colors when knitting in the round. When you are making something with round knitting, using one color for the whole project can get boring over time. Adding colors will not only going to make the work look pretty but also it will show your creativity of knitting.Now we will move onto our main point, which is how to change colors when knitting in the round. When you are making something with round knitting, using one color for the whole project can get boring over time. Adding colors will not only going to make the work look pretty but also it will show your creativity of knitting.Adding colors to the knitting is actually a form of creativity. A lot of knitters will not know how to do that, and they will be stuck with one color for so long. But once you get to know how to knit with different colors, there are going to be so many chances on the things you make for you and your loved ones. To start up the process, get your round knitted portion, the new yarn, and your stitch marker. Follow the steps given below to be done with the process.
• Put the stitch marker onto the right needle.
• Insert the right needle on the first stitch of the left needle that has the previous color
• Get your new color yarn and with a loop, put it on the right needle and pull through the stitch.
• Now you put the tail of the previous color on top of the new yarn.
• With the joint tail of the new color yarn start knitting like usual by putting the right needle on the stitch, wrap the tails on the correct needle, and pull through the stitch.
• By repeating the process, you will have your rounds of circular knitting with a new color.
That is all you need for adding a new color onto your round knitting. You can now easily switch between colors of yarns and make patterns and design with it.
That was all the things you need to know how to change colors when knitting in the round. At first, the whole process may seem confusing, as we have mentioned earlier. Read through the steps over and over again to understand and memorize everything. You may fail at the first try, but once you keep doing it over and over, you will master it up within the shortest amount of time. And once you know how to add colors, you can make socks and beanies with different colors and patterns and gift it to your loved once or wear it yourself on different occasions.
You May Read Also