How to Fix Brookstone Cat Headphones
Brookstone Cat Headphones are a great option for anyone who wants quality headphones and is looking to spend less than $100. These headphones are perfect for those who want to explore new sounds that might not be easily available. But if your cat headphone has been broken and you can’t fix the issue, then this blog post might be the solution for you. We will cover how to fix Brookstone cat headphones so that you can make them functional again and enjoy your music!
How To Troubleshoot Headphone Problems
Broken headphones usually have some sort of a problem with the wiring or the jack. Before you move ahead and get new headphones, check out these ways to fix your broken headphones:
- Each headphone cable attaches to the base using two sets of wires as shown in the picture above.
- If one side is not working it could mean that either some parts need replacement or there might be a problem with one of the wires connected to the base.
- Make sure that all screws are screwed in tightly before moving on.
- Check for any loose connections inside by lifting up each wire slightly and checking for rattle at each point where they connect to the base and also check if any other part seems loose or wobbly.
- The cable that goes into the jack could have gotten pulled out of place or broken inside near the base unit.
Things You’ll Need
- Screwdriver (size might vary depending on your headphone)
- Solder Iron
- Cable Stripper
- Hot Glue Gun
Instructions: How to Fix Brookstone Cat Headphones
If you’re having issues with the right or left side not working (or both) then there might be a problem with the solder joint. To fix this you will need to use your screwdriver to break the headphones apart. You need to look for a couple of yellow connectors and remove them using your screwdriver. Remove these pieces carefully as they might fall apart easily and you will lose pieces. Next you will need to look for the black plastic piece that holds all of the wires together. It is held in place by two screws. Remove these screws and pull the plastic apart so that you can see all of the wires.
Check out the cable. You’ll want to check to see if there are any loose cables that need to be reconnected or touched up with a little bit of solder. If you notice anything wrong, take your time here and do not force anything! This is a delicate process and can be quite frustrating if you are in a rush. Once you have your cables all sorted out, double check the plastic casing to make sure everything is tight and secure. It should be snug on both sides but not too tight that it’s difficult to take off again.
Check out your cat earpieces. Once you have determined that the cable is fine, then move on to checking out the right and left earpieces. You need to make sure that they aren’t broken, but even if they are, you can still fix them. The best thing to do is use your hot glue gun to fill the cracks and holes that are in the ears. Do not worry about the look of your cat earpieces. Once you are done, it will be hard to tell that there was ever anything wrong with them. If you want to go the extra mile, then you can add a little bit of glitter glue to the outside of the ears.
If you don’t have a hot glue gun, you can try using super glue as an alternative. If you know how to solder, then this won’t be any problem for you, but if not then the next steps are going to take some time.
Check out your cable again. You need to check for any issues between the right and left earpieces and also ensure that they are connected properly! Once you have checked these areas out, put everything back together and you should be ready to go!
Test your headphones out and ensure that they are working properly. If you want to ensure that this is the solution, then you should go through these steps again if the issue arises again.
Tips To Maintain Brookstone Cat Headphones
- Do not expose Cat Headphones to heat
- Allow headphones to cool down before plugging them back in after use
- It is recommended that you store your Cat Headphones in the original packaging which came with it when not in use (i.e., on a shelf)
- To ensure that your Cat Headphones sounds the best it can, regular cleaning is highly recommended.
- Be sure to turn off your Cat Headphones after each use.
- When you need to move your Cat Headphones from one place to another, be sure to store it in the original packaging so that it does not get scratched or damaged.
- Avoid exposing your Cat headphones to liquids and moisture. The liquid may also crack the surface of the headphones over time
- It is recommended that the Cat Headphones are charged for at least 8 hours before their first use.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are Brookstone Headphones Good?
In my opinion, Brookstone is a high-quality brand. I own two pairs of these and have had no problems with the quality or technology; however, they do not sound as good as some other brands.
Are Brookstone Headphones noise canceling?
There is no technology available right now to make in-ear headphones block out all external sound like what you find with earbuds. However, their snug fit and decent noise isolation would allow them to pass as semi-noise canceling headphones if you have a noisy environment or use them during travel. They also offer an optional microphone for taking calls via your mobile phone while wearing these headphones.
If I wear my Brookstone Cat Headphones upside down will I get more bass?
No, not really. To get the most bass you should consider purchasing a pair of JVC Marshmallow Earbuds which are known for their deep low-frequency response and exceptional noise isolation.
Are Brookstone Headphones Wireless?
No, the Brookstone Cat Headphones are a wired pair of earbuds. Although, they do have a microphone for taking calls and also include an external control module that you can use to change volume or play/pause music via your cell phone (depending on if your device is compatible with the controls).
How long should I charge my Brookstone Cat Headphones?
You should charge these headphones for at least 8 hours when you first bring them home. From then on, it is important to follow their charging instructions because overcharging them may lead to damage over time
Are Brookstone Cat Headphones durable?
I have owned two pairs of these headphones and they both lasted over a year, but as with all electronics it is best to be careful around small children who may accidentally break them or have access to unsupervised use.
The Brookstone Cat Headphones are a great gift for any cat lover. They work well to block out background noise and the sound quality is excellent. But what if you find that your headphones have stopped working? Fear not, because we’ve got some tips on how to fix Brookstone cat headphones! You can try these troubleshooting steps before contacting customer service or returning them altogether.
You may read also: How to Fix Unbalanced Headphones