How to Go to the Bathroom Wearing Shapewear
For anyone who wears shapewear daily, you know that it can be difficult to relieve yourself when wearing the garment. Therefore, finding solutions to take care of your personal needs and avoid embarrassment is essential.
The following blog post will detail how to go to the bathroom wearing shapewear and also provide tips for preventing these issues from happening again in the future.
The most important thing to remember when going to the bathroom while wearing shapewear is that it’s normal and you’re not alone! Here are some tips for how to do your business with dignity, regardless of whether you have tight-fitting control briefs or a full-body briefer.
10 Ways on How to Go to the Bathroom Wearing Shapewear:
Here we have mentioned ten ways how to go to the bathroom wearing shapewear. So be sure to check that out!
1. The Front Squat.
If you’re wearing a pair of leg shapers or longline shorts, the trick is to hinge forward at the hips and then attempt to do all your business while keeping your legs together. Toilet paper is helpful in this situation; you may need to take some with you into the stall.
2. Stem the Flow.
To ensure a neat and powerful stream when urinating while standing, slightly squat and bring your legs together. You may need to experiment with this technique depending on the type of shapewear you’re wearing – certain fabrics can make it more difficult to stand up. If your shapewear is tight around your thighs, you can use that compression to help stem the flow of waste as it exits your body. Push down slightly with both hands until finished.
3. Check Your Tuck.
If you’re wearing a waist cincher or longline top, you can attempt to go pee while keeping your legs closed. Tuck away any visible straps on the shapewear piece, and plan so you don’t have to lift the garment while sitting down to pee.
4. The Modified Hover.
If you’re wearing a thong, you can attempt to go pee with your legs together. If possible, try shifting your shapewear so that the crotch of the garment is at the top of between your butt cheeks – this may create more room for urine flow and will also help if any visible straps are peeking out from behind your shapewear.
5. Turn Around, Bright Eyes!
If you’re wearing a bodysuit or pair of longline panties, the easiest way to use your shapewear for bathroom activities is to turn around in the shapewear and go to the toilet with your back facing it. Keep one hand on the wall for balance, and feel free to prop your foot up on the toilet seat for a wider stance.
6. The Bending-Over Float.
In tight-fitting shapewear styles such as bodysuits or any figure-shaping lingerie, you can squat at a 45-degree angle while maintaining a small gap between your legs, allowing easy peeing. This is much easier than attempting to use the bathroom when standing up with legs touching.
7. The Squatty Potty.
In these tight-fitting shapewear styles, you can use a squat toilet from behind without worrying about cutting your shapewear on the sharp edges of a standard Western toilet. You can also try using one of those rubber buckets in which bathrooms are often stored; just make sure not to get it dirty.
8. Use Benelux.
Maybe you’re wearing shapewear that is pretty tight around your thighs. In this situation, you can try taking a large, sturdy piece of toilet paper and placing it lengthwise between your legs in the crouch area. This will allow urine to pass by without touching or dampening your garment.
9. Cushion Drainage.
In a pinch, you can sit on a wad of toilet paper or on a couple of wet wipes to avoid getting your shapewear dirty. For legs closed styles, try using toilet paper as padding between your thighs or tucking it into the crotch area for easy peeing at a 45-degree angle.
10. The Full Monty.
If all else fails, take your shapewear off and then use the toilet. This is most advisable for triple-layer or full-body shapewear pieces that are very inconvenient to remove, but it’s an option if you have to go.
You Can Check It Out to Go to the Bathroom in a Jumpsuit
Some Tips and Tricks:
It’s not always easy to find time for a restroom break when you’re wearing shapewear. But, the right technique will make it easier and more comfortable. Here are some tips on how to go to the bathroom wearing shapewear:
- Take off your shoes before sitting down to avoid any potential accidents from happening!
- Position yourself in front of your toilet with one leg up on the seat. This will help keep everything in place while you use the restroom. No need for underwear or pantyhose here!
- If you have sensitive skin, try using baby wipes instead of toilet paper! They’ll be gentler on your delicate areas and won’t cause any irritation like dry toilet tissue might.
- Make sure your shapewear has a cotton crotch, preventing chafing or discomfort during bathroom time. You can also make sure to take off any garters before using the restroom as well!
- Wash your shapewear after every use to avoid rashes and infections, especially if you’re prone to sensitive skin!
- Look for shapewear with cotton lining or inserts- this will ensure maximum comfort and the lack of any irritation during bathroom time.
- Make sure your shapewear is not too tight around your thighs before using the restroom, especially if you’re wearing a thong! This may prevent you from being able to use the bathroom at all.
- Find a place where there will be no interruptions. Again, nobody wants an audience on this one. You can use public restrooms but remember they may not have stalls big enough for layers of tights and skirts, so find one with more space if possible!
Things to Know When Wearing Shapewear:
- Shapewear cannot be used forever; it will lose its effect after a while.
- Shapewear is not compression gear; do not try to substitute one for the other! Compression wear does nothing to shape you, and shapewear does not augment your compressions gear in any way.
- Have a plan. Know what you’ll do when you get out of your shapewear and what you’ll wear over/under it.
- Shapewear is not a magical solution that will improve your life in all ways, no matter how much we wish that were true! It’s just underwear; enjoy wearing it, but don’t get too attached.
- Shapewear shouldn’t be worn all of the time; it’s not good for your liver or kidneys and may induce other dangerous consequences if utilized excessively, such as heartburn, kidney discomfort/damage, and digestive tract problems such as constipation.
- Shapewear might not be a good idea to wear if you’re going to be around a lot of people that will judge your body; the point of it is to make you feel better about yourself. Still, sometimes shapewear can backfire because someone might say something harmful or hurtful, don’t let it ruin your day.
- Shapewear doesn’t rid you of your fat or cellulite; it just smooths over the skin and makes it look like there isn’t any! So don’t expect miracles.
Can I Wear Shapewear All Day?
Shapewear can be worn all day as long as you don’t mind spending extra time in the bathroom, especially if your shapewear is more restrictive. If you need to use the restroom but do not want to take off your shapewear, try one (or all) of these strategies:
Strategy 1: Tear Off the Tape
This works best with girdles and certain types of shapewear tanks, such as bra-sized or cami shapers. If you have a front snap crotch in your girdle, unhinge it and tear off the tape on either side. Then, once you’re finished using the restroom, peel the tape off the insides of your garment and reattach it for extra security.
Strategy 2: Rip Off the Panty Waistband
Find a seam in your panty waistband and tear it open with your hand. This works especially well on shapers without a front snap crotch. Once you’re finished, sew the rip closed by hand with a needle and thread.
Strategy 3: Remove It
If it’s too difficult to remove the waistband or tape, use the restroom as usual. You can try to pull your shapewear down for more ventilation while peeking, but don’t expect everything to stay neatly tucked away. Wearing shapewear all day long will make you sweat more than usual, so make sure to bring a spare set of clothes if necessary.
You Can Check It Out To How to Get Rid of Epoxy Rash
If you’re looking for a product to help with the struggles of wearing shapewear, shapewear can be used as an alternative to other products. It was designed by women who know what it feels like and how important comfort is when dealing with the compression effect these garments may have on your body.
This article has provided you with some helpful tips on how to go to the bathroom wearing shapewear. Hopefully, this information will help you avoid any embarrassing moments in the future and make your day-to-day life a little bit easier! Let us know if you would like more information or want to purchase one.