How to Stretch a Motorcycle Helmet
People love to ride bikes, and even people are too passionate about their bikes. Helmets are an essential part of a motorcycle because this ensures the safety of the rider. But sometimes, due to environmental effects, the helmet becomes shrunken. In such cases, it is evident that you must stretch the helmet. For this reason, today, we will discuss a process that will allow you to stretch the helmet properly.
Processes on How to Stretch a Motorcycle Helmet
Step One: While wearing your helmet, take one end of the metal wire and place it in between two rubber bands attached on either side of the chin strap. Now loop this end around the other side so that you have formed a circle with four loops.
Step Two: Lightly pull down at first from each loop to form an arc shape over your head; make sure not to tighten them too much just yet. Next, feed the ends back through these same loops but now do so by pulling outward instead of inward – again, be careful not to apply any pressure at this point lest there be wrinkles left behind where the helmet meets your head.
Step Three: Tighten and loosen the loops in a criss-cross pattern until you are satisfied with how it feels without being too tight or too loose. This should only take about five minutes to complete, after which you can rest assured that your motorcycle helmet is now as safe from any potential damage as possible.
As the motorcycle helmet is too snug to fit with your head, you may need to follow some procedures. You can stretch your helmet in numerous ways to fit with your head, and you can do your activities comfortably. In that case, you may need the help of a rubber ball.
At first, you can choose the easy way to stretch the motorcycle helmet to wear the helmet as long as you can. If you take on the helmet for a long time, it will help the pad, which is into it, to expand well. As the padded portion is extended, you can easily insert and pull out your head from the helmet.
Another way to stretch your motorcycle helmet is to use a ball that is eight inches in dia. For instance, you have to push the ball into the helmet, and then you may need to wait for being extended. When the helmet is enough to spread, then you can put on and take off the helmet at ease.
This process is straightforward to apply for stretching your helmet. One more strategy you can get used to is expanding the helmet’s straps when you put it on. After that, you have to tie up the straps perfectly after wearing them, and when you take off this, you need to expand the straps again. This is another option to stretch the helmet.
- The type of motorcycle helmet that you have. Different types will require different methods to stretch the helmet, so be sure you know which one before proceeding with any stretching technique.
- How much time and patience you have available for this process. This may not work if your bike riding season has already begun!
- If your budget allows, consider a new or used model in addition to trying these techniques on an old one (or vice versa). It might cost more upfront but could save some hassle in the long run.
- Before starting any procedure below, make sure to follow all instructions included with the specific product being stretched. For example, some helmets come with warnings about using silicone lube, while others require only water.
- Keep a close eye on the process, as some types of helmets will need to be heated up (or cooled down) before proceeding with any stretching method.
- Always use care when working around and handling this type of product for it to last longer.
Which Material Will Ease the Stretching Process?
The material of the helmet will affect how easily it can be stretched. If you want to stretch your motorcycle helmet, you may find that a polycarbonate shell is much more difficult than a thermoplastic elastomer (TPE) shell, for example.
This doesn’t mean TPE helmets are all easy to stretch while polycarbonates do not accommodate stretching at all; we’re just pointing out there’s some variety in this regard based on the type of plastic used and what sort of plastic design and shape make up the helmet.
Lastly, we hope that the process we have stated here will be beneficial for stretching your bike’s helmet. Thank you for your time. Have a nice day!
you may also read now