How to Wash Uniqlo Ultra Light Down Jacket
How often should you wash your outerwear? If it’s a down jacket, the answer is not more than once every few years. That’s because down insulation loses insulating power when wet and needs time to dry out.
But if you can’t go that long without washing something in your closet, we suggest using the Uniqlo ultra light down jacket as an example of how to clean this type of item.
This Uniqlo Ultra Light Down Jacket is a great choice for all seasons. It’s lightweight and packable, so it won’t take up too much room in your bag while you’re on the go! But what if you need to wash it? This guide will show you how to wash Uniqlo ultra light down jacket because it needs extra love.
10 Ways on How to Wash Uniqlo Ultra Light Down Jacket:
1. Use a Front-loading Washing Machine.
Please do not use a top-loading washing machine because it can break down feathers and damage your jacket.
2. Use Cold Water
Washing the jacket with cold water will help retain its quality, but it is difficult to remove stains this way. However, you can try pre-treating your jacket before you wash it by using a stain remover or soaking it in lemon juice overnight to avoid having to do so during the main washing process.
Note: Do not use warm or hot water as this will damage the down filling.
3. Wash with Similar Colors
Wash your jacket with other dark clothing to avoid discoloration from bleach and color loss from other clothes during washing.
4. Use a Specialized Down-specific Detergent
Using a laundry detergent with this information on the label will help to keep your jacket in good shape for longer; be sure to read the instructions before using it.
5. Rinse Thoroughly by Hand
Before putting the jacket in the washing machine, wash it by hand to remove all soapy residues. Also, be sure to rinse it thoroughly with cold water.
6. Use a Down-Approved Detergent.
Using a detergent that specifies it can be used with down, or one specifically for delicates, will help protect the filling inside your jacket.
7. Dry Naturally
Tumble dryers are not recommended, as they cause damage and may break down the down filling in your jacket. Furthermore, if you also use fabric softener, it can leave behind scum that will reduce the effectiveness of your detergent. It is best to dry your jacket by hanging it up or laying it flat.
8. Air Dry
It is best to air dry your down jacket because it will avoid the feathers being damaged by rough surfaces, but you can use a low heat setting on a tumble drying machine provided you shake out all of the fillings before putting it in.
9. Use Tennis Balls.
Although you can air-dry your jacket in the end, you can also use tennis balls to help fluff up the down if you are short on time. Because the ball will wear away after repeated uses, be sure to do this with clean ones or ones that have been well-washed.
Have It Professionally Dry-cleaned.
If you want to avoid having to do your washing and drying at home, it is possible to take your jacket to a dry cleaner. It will also be so much easier to get rid of stubborn stains in this way, but unfortunately, the cost may be high depending on where you live.
Things to Consider When Washing Uniqlo Ultra Light Down Jacket:
1. Do not use bleach or fabric to avoid the jacket having a different color tone after washing. If needed, use mild detergents instead of bleach and fabric softener.
2. Wash light colors and dark colors separately to prevent the dye from staining the lighter clothes in the same load. For example, black and red or black and purple jackets should not be washed with other clothes. This is to ensure that the colors do not transfer and thus ruin other clothes in the wash.
3. Don’t over-dry If using a dryer, make sure to use the lowest heat or air-dry setting. Over-drying could lead to the jacket losing its thermal properties and thus not keeping you warm.
4. Line drying instead of machine drying This saves electricity and prevents your jacket from shrinking or changing color tone due to over-drying in the dryer.
5. Don’t overfill the machine Overloading your washing machine will not improve washing quality and may result in feathers coming loose from your jacket during the process or damage it completely!
6. Use the delicate cycle on your washing machine If you want to wash your jacket with other clothes, be sure to choose the gentle or delicate cycle on your washing machine. This will help protect your jacket’s material and stitching during the wash cycle.
7. Avoid ironing Ironing can cause damage to the sewn part of the jacket and damage the down filling. If possible, do not iron your jacket. If you must, then use the lowest setting on your iron.
8. Do not use fabric softener Fabric softener will cause down feathers to clump together, meaning the jacket may lose its thermal properties.
Does Washing a Down Jacket Ruin It?
Down jackets should be washed as infrequently as possible to help maintain the loft of the down clusters. When you wash your down jacket, it is best to use a front-loading washing machine with cold water settings.
Adding a bit of soap or detergent is fine, but make sure to rinse thoroughly so that no soap residue remains. Avoid using a top-loading washing machine or dryer, as these machines can damage the down and wear away the exterior.
You should also avoid higher heat settings when drying your jacket in a drier, and it is best to air-dry your jacket whenever possible.
It takes approximately 45 minutes for a down jacket to fully dry, and it is best to use a large commercial dryer that can accommodate the jacket’s size. Finally, make sure not to store your down jackets in a compressed state, as doing so can damage both the stitching and the fibers of the exterior material.
If you wish to store your down jacket for an extended period of time, hang it up or lay it out.
It is important to know how to wash Uniqlo ultra light down jacket, as it will help maintain the quality of the garment. Follow these steps, and you’ll have your Uniqlo Ultra Light Down Jacket looking good as new in no time! You can wash your Uniqlo Ultra Light Down Jacket just as you would any other coat.
Make sure to use the delicate cycle and cold water, then let it air dry on a flat surface. We hope this article has helped give you some tips on how to wash and maintain the lifespan of your favorite wintertime accessory.
If you have any other questions about the Uniqlo Ultra Light Down Jacket or anything related to washing, please contact us.
You May Read Also :- How to Widen Jacket Sleeves