How to Cool a Basement with No Windows
In modern days, the cities are running out of place for people’s accommodation. Therefore, the living areas are becoming less comfortable. That includes having to live inside a room without any windows or balcony. People are coming with different innovative methods to get air into passing through the room and making it less hot. Even if you do not live in one of those rooms but rather in a basement, you can enjoy those ideas to make your basement area a little bit chilly. And we will tell you how to cool a basement with no windows.
House that has a basement does not have proper ventilation or windows system. If there is any, it should be a little window that works for ventilation, and in some cases, it is absent as well. But the basement area could be used for various things, including a living place. That is why people should know how to cool a basement with no windows.
How to Cool a Basement with No Windows
There are various ways you can cool the area. Some of them are quite expensive, and some of them are not. You can even find some ways that can be done with the items you have at your home. All you need to do is find a suitable method that is possible for you to follow. We have some of the best ideas on this matter that could help you eliminate the crucial heat from your beautiful basement. If you are clueless on how to cool a basement with no windows, we are ready to show you some methods you can use.
- Install a Ceiling Fan
The first option is installing a ceiling fan. This is, by far, one of the best options to have some air to cool you off in your packed basement room. Every house has a ceiling fan system installed. Even if they do not, it does not take much to install the process. Also, buying and installing a ceiling fan does not cost much. The ceiling fan is a great way to eliminate the hot air inside your room. If you have the door closed, the fan’s perspective will push the hot air all over the place and eventually out of it. You will feel cool within a minute once you start the ceiling fan. Another great option is that it comes with a regulating option. You can regulate the speed of your ceiling fan and control how much air you want inside your basement room.
Install a Ceiling Fan The first option is installing a ceiling fan. This is, by far, one of the best options to have some air to cool you off in your packed basement room. Every house has a ceiling fan system installed. Even if they do not, it does not take much to install the process. Also, buying and installing a ceiling fan does not cost much. The ceiling fan is a great way to eliminate the hot air inside your room. If you have the door closed, the fan’s perspective will push the hot air all over the place and eventually out of it. You will feel cool within a minute once you start the ceiling fan. Another great option is that it comes with a regulating option. You can regulate the speed of your ceiling fan and control how much air you want inside your basement room.
2. Strategically Angel Fan:
This is a great way to keep your basement room cool. For that, you would need two or more portable fans. You need to install one facing the ceiling and another one facing the door. What it will do that once the hot air travels to the top, the ceiling facing fan will push them downward. And then the fan facing the door will move them out of the door. In this way, the hot air will be out of the room. It is also an excellent way for ventilation.
3. Using Fan and Ice for Cooling:If you want to be a little creative, this should be your favorite method. For this, you will need some ice and a fan. What you have to do is, put some ice on a plate and place the container in front of the fan. What it is going to do is the air of the fan will hit the ice, and the air that was blowing will get cold due to the contact with the ice. Even if the ice starts to melt, the cold water will help. You probably will not get as much as cold air as AC, but it is an excellent way if you have nothing else on your hand to cool off your basement that has no windows.
4. Portable Evaporated Cooler: If you like the previous option with ice and fan, you will like it too. It is a professional way of doing the same thing. The evaporated cooler is a great way to cool your home using electricity. What this cooler does is that it provides the place with cold air by releasing water or ice. It is the best way during the summer. It will help your basement to have a good atmosphere that will make you feel good.
5. Install Wall Air Condition: Another great way you can cool off your basement is by installing an air conditioner on the wall. When it comes to the air conditioning system, wall air conditioners are most famous around the world. You will never have to get worried about getting hot and sweaty inside your basement room with one of these. Once you turn the air conditioner on, the whole room will become chilly. You can even manage the temperature and cool it as much as you want.
6. Using a Portable Air Conditioner: If you do not want to install a wall air conditioner or do not have the opportunity to do so, you can use the portable one. It has the same ability as the wall air conditioner. The only disadvantage is that you will need to find an additional place to keep it. But the good thing is that you can place it wherever you want and even move it around for your comfort. Many people are switching to this device recently to make things easier.
7. Turning the Heat Generated Sources Off: Before you can get rid of the heat from your basement, you need to find out what is causing the excessive heat inside the room. Surely, a room without any window will be hot and congested. But due to some other reason, the heat can get unbearable. The main causes for additional heat are-
i. Lights: there are going to be many lighting sources inside your basement room. As the room does not have any windows and natural light sources, you will need lights during night and day to keep the room illuminated. This will cause the room to get hot. With having less light or turning them off occasionally will save you from some heat.ii.
Appliance: There should be various sorts of appliances inside your basement. They could be a TV, computer, phone, laptop, refrigerator, etc. This appliance also brings on a lot of heat to your basement room. If your room was free of any kind of appliance, you would notice an immediate change in the environment. The appliances need electricity for functioning. When they are functioning, they produce a lot of heat. This heat distributes to the whole room and makes it hot. If you could eliminate these heating sources, your room will become more relaxed.
These are some of the ways on how to cool a basement with no windows. A lot of people are ranting their basement to people with accommodation problems, and with that, people started living in the basement. Besides, basements can be used for many other purposes, such as creating a studio, office, workplace, etc. Whatever the reasons are, with no windows, it could get very uncomfortable to stay in the place for too long.
Whereas, the basement as electricity suppliance, so it should not be any problem to install and use one of those methods mentioned above. By doing this, you can make your basement place much suitable to stay for as long as you wish and do whatever you want to do with it.
You may Also Read – How to Hang Curtains in a Dorm Room