How to Fix a Cracked Tv Plasma Screen
It is not uncommon for a plasma TV screen to crack. When this happens, you need to know how to fix it before the damage becomes too severe. There are many ways that you can repair a broken plasma screen on your own without having to purchase an expensive kit or take your television into the shop.
In this blog post, we will go over some of the most common methods on how to fix a cracked tv plasma screen and help you decide which one works best for your situation!
- A pair of needle-nose pliers
- Utility knife or razor blade
- Isopropyl alcohol and a clean cloth
- Cellophane or Saran Wrap tape
- Screen cleaning solution and cotton balls
Instructions: How to Fix a Cracked Tv Plasma Screen
Step One: Remove Broken Glass Pieces
This is the most important step! If you don’t remove all of the broken glass, there’s a chance that it will get inside your television and cause more damage. To start off, use your needle-nose pliers to gently pry out any small shards or pieces of broken glass from around the outer edge of where it is embedded.
Step Two: Clean Surface
The next step is to clean the area where your screen was broken with a cloth and some alcohol or other disinfectant solution that doesn’t leave residue behind. Next, place clear cellophane tape around the outside of the damaged area (or use wrap-around saran wrap), then poke holes through this tape to match the size and shape of your TV screens.
Step Three: Tape Screen In Place
The next step is putting in place a new screen with how-to tape (or duct or packing). This means pressing down on the cellophane so that it sticks securely, but not too hard! The idea is for the tape to hold the screen in place temporarily until you can permanently fix it.
Step Four: Secure Temporarily
The next step is securing the screen temporarily with masking tape. This will make sure that it doesn’t shift and keeps you from putting in more Tape for now. In this example, I’m using black electrical tape as a temporary measure until I can get the tape delivered tomorrow morning.
Step Five: Fix the Screen
The last step is to fix the screen with a more permanent solution. In this particular case, I’m using How-To Tape because it’s what I had on hand and will work just as well (or better) than duct tape or packing tape. How To Tape is designed specifically for screens like this.
Common Reasons for a Cracked Plasma TV Screen:
- If you have a cracked TV screen, it is most likely due to being dropped. TVs are very heavy and can withstand many falls without breaking, but if the fall was hard enough or your luck ran out, then you might be left with an expensive repair bill!
- If your TV screen is cracked, but there are no obvious signs of a fall, then it may have been caused by an electrical socket. This can be solved by checking the outlet for damage and using a voltage detector to check for any electric current surges in the area.
- If your TV screen is cracked and there are no signs of dropped or electrical damage, then it most likely happened because the television was left on for too long. Electric currents can be released as TVs heat up in certain conditions, like when they’re running all day during a hot summer day!
- It is also possible that your TV screen is cracked because it’s an older model and the grooves in the glass are too deep.
- The last common reason for a broken TV screen is that someone threw something at it! Hey, we’ve all been there. But if you have found your sweet revenge then please get the person’s name so I can add them to my hit list too.
Tips To Avoid Damage on Your Plasma Tv Screen
Many people are afraid of the high price associated with a plasma screen, but not having one can be even more expensive. You don’t have to worry about any sudden tragedies in your home as long as you follow these easy tips:
- Always use a TV table or stand that is sturdy and secure.
- Clear off any items on your table that could fall onto the screen in case of a sudden earthquake or other disasters.
- Keep pets away from the TV when it is turned on, as they can knock over things that are next to it which may then cause damage to the screen.
- Make sure heavy furniture such as dressers or desks is not pushed against the TV.
- Never push any objects on top of your screen, even if they seem light and harmless.
If you follow these tips, it will be much easier to avoid damage to your plasma television by things that can happen in a home setting.
Check It Out to Learn to Fix White Dots On Samsung Tv.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: How Long Will a Plasma Tv Last?
A: How long a Plasma Tv will last is dependent on factors such as the type of television, your usage patterns, and habits, age, how well it was cared for over its lifetime.
Q: How to Clean a Plasma TV Screen?
A: First, wipe off any dust from the screen with a clingy cloth or paper towel. Then use water mixed with soap (in equal parts) in a spray bottle or squirt bottle and start spraying the surface of the plasma tv screen while wiping gently with a soft dry rag until clean. Finally, rinse off excess liquid using wet cleaning rags.
Q: How Much Does It Cost to Fix a Plasma Tv Screen?
A: The cost for repairing a broken plasma television will vary depending on what size it is, where you live in relation to an authorized TV service provider, and whether or not your warranty covers accidental damage. On average, though, expect that fixing a plasma TV screen will cost anywhere from $150 to as much as $600.
The good news is that if your warranty covers accidental damage, you may not have to pay out of pocket for any repairs. In some cases, a cracked plasma television might be covered under the manufacturer’s warranty, and all it would need is an authorized service provider.
We hope this article on how to fix a cracked tv plasma screen helps you! If anything is unclear or incorrect, please let us know in the comments section below and we’ll do our best to help you out.
You may read also –