How to Make Do Not Disturb Door Hanger
A do not disturb hanger is a piece of string or wire attached to a doorknob that hangs on the inside of the door. A do not disturb hanger can be made from almost anything and used for many different reasons in your home. Today I am going to discuss how to make do not disturb door hanger.
What Are Some Reasons to Use a Do Not Disturb Hanger
Do Not Disturb door hangers are used by guests in hotels requesting not to be disturbed. They can also be used in your home to let someone know you’re sleeping, so they don’t wake you up for any reason.
The Best Reasons to Use Do Not Disturb Door Hanger Include:
- Guests who want a “do not disturb” when staying at a hotel: Guest staying at a hotel are given a do not disturb door hanger to leave their room for extended periods of time without the need to call down housekeeping.
- Guests who want to sleep late: You don’t have to bother your guests with early morning wake-up calls if you are hosting them in your home. A “do not disturb” door hanger will let them know you won’t be disturbing them until later in the morning or when something important needs to be addressed.
- Parents use it on small kids’ doors: When there is an infant, toddler, or young child sleeping in a room, parents often make sure not to enter unless necessary because they tend to move around and could hurt themselves if startled. Therefore, many parents do not disturb the door hanger on the child’s bedroom door to be given peace while sleeping.
- Parents use it for homework: Homework for school-age kids can take an entire afternoon to complete. Kids often choose to do their homework in a room where they feel comfortable, such as the bedroom or family room. A do not disturb door hanger helps keep them focused and prevents interruption from any activity outside the study room.
- Guests using your office or home office need privacy: If you have a home office, you may want to let guests know ahead of time that you do not wish to be disturbed at certain times during the day because you will be working here. A do not disturb door hanger is a great way to let the guest know that you will be enjoying peace while working.
- Parents use it on the bathroom door of their kids: If children are taking a long bath or want privacy, parents place a “do not disturb” sign on the bathroom door letting anyone who may need access to the restroom know that they should not bother coming in. This is especially important if there is an infant present because they could end up crying if disturbed without warning.
- Guests using your computer need Internet Access: A do not disturb door hanger can also be used for guests who wish to have Internet access during their stay at your home or office but do not want to be disturbed by you while surfing the web.
- Guests using your living room need to watch TV: Let guests know that they are free to come in and out of your home without having interruptions from you or other family members if they wish to spend time in the living room watching a movie, sports game, or just lounging around informally.
- Guests using your kitchen need privacy: If guests are staying at your house while attending a special event such as a baby shower, bridal shower, or graduation party, then let them know ahead of time that they can use the kitchen as much as they want during open hours but not to bother others who may be working with food preparation if a do not disturb sign is placed on the kitchen door.
Step-wise Guide on How to Make Do Not Disturb Door Hanger
You will need cardboard, color paper, and a beautiful drawing of your choice. This is to make the design on the door hanger since it will be pasted on the door so that people coming in won’t disturb you.
The size of this does not disturb the door hanger should ideally be 5-6 inches long and 2½ inches wide. Choose colors according to your room or mood. Use thick hardboard for making this as it has to withstand people passing through too often without destroying the design printed on it.
You can also use normal cardboard if you think your door is strong enough to hold up the weight of this homemade, do not disturb the hanger!
Then you have to cut the cardboard to make 3 pieces out of it. You can use regular scissors for this purpose.
Color each piece with bright and beautiful colors of your choice, or you can use plain white if you want a simple design just like that of an ordinary do not disturb door hanger.
Next, join these three pieces together using glue or double-sided tape. Ensure that the designs match up properly while joining the pieces together! Let it dry after applying these glues/tape accordingly!
you can also attach a string to the back of this do not disturb door hanger made by you so that it stays put on your door at all times even when a person(s) are passing through it!
Then hang this door hanger on your bedroom door so that people don’t disturb you while relaxing or sleeping. You can even draw a cute little doodle saying ‘do not disturb.’ Just have fun with your creative talent and make things look attractive!.
This is a great do-it-yourself tutorial on making a Do Not Disturb Door Hanger for your house. This door hanger lets the guest know that you are not in the mood to be disturbed and would like to enjoy some peace while working or resting in any room of your house throughout the day. It can also let parents know that their child needs some privacy when taking a bath or shower, so they shouldn’t disturb them by entering the bathroom without permission. I hope you have learned how to make do not disturb door hanger from this article properly. Thank you and have a nice day!