Plexiglass is a good alternative to glass which has both plastic and glass properties. Having many benefits, we have to also take care of it. Usually, dust from the environment makes plexiglass cloudy and sometimes scratched. However, here, we will give our best opinions on how to make plexiglass clear again.
- Air dryer
- Micro-fiber cloth
Cleaning the plexiglass is to remove the dirt mainly. So, any cleaner that can attract the dirt having an electrostatic charge. Such cleaners are –
- Dish detergent and water
- The manufacturer recommended cleaners.
You have to be careful about choosing your cleaner as it may not clean properly or make some scratches if it contains-
- Isopropyl alcohol.
A micro-fiber cloth: You can use a micro-fiber soft cloth or a non-abrasive cloth. As the micro-fiber fabric has the ability of electrostatic attraction to dirt, it is good to use.
A Micro-fiber Cloth:
You can use a micro-fiber soft cloth or a non-abrasive cloth. As the micro-fiber fabric has the ability of electrostatic attraction to dirt, it is good to use.
How to Make Plexiglass Clear Again
There are many ways on how to make plexiglass clear again. Among them, We will show three easy ways.
- First of all, you need to remove the dust particles. For doing that, you can use your breath or hair dryer to blow dust or dirt. It would be best if you kept the hairdryer at the coolest level as the hot air may do some damage to your plexiglass. Keep it blowing until you feel there is no dirt.
- Now mix water and dish soap in a pot and pour it over your plexiglass. If you have a spray, you can pour water and dish soap mixture in there and spray over plexiglass.
- As we said earlier, avoid using ammonia, acetone, or alcohol. So, while making water and dish soap mixture, be careful about that.
- There are many pores in the plexiglass, and for this, you cannot use any cloth to clean. Some fabric will damage by sticking in the pores. The micro-fiber cloth is an excellent option to use after blowing off the dirt from the surface.
- Now wipe the plexiglass using a micro-fiber cloth. Try to focus on the dark spots. Remember not to give much pressure while wiping.
- After that, if you still see the plexiglass contain dirt, you may start again by using the water and dish detergent solution. You can repeat this process as many times as you want until you get your desired cleaning.
- For drying, please do not keep the plexiglass too much time in the air when it is wet as it will leave some waterdrops on your glass. It would be best if you wiped it until it is dry. Well, if you observe some waterdrops, try repeating the cleaning method once again.
- If you want to remove some marks or some hard dirt, you can use a sharp scraping tool like a razor blade. Slowly move the sharp edge of a razor blade to make the surface at a level. Be careful using a razor blade as it may damage your plexiglass significantly if you pressure too much.
- For removing deep scratching, you can use sandpaper. Gently move it over the plexiglass as we do on wood. Do not give much pressure.
- You may buff plexiglass using a stationary polishing wheel. While buffing, place plexiglass in such a way that it does not move.
You may read also – How to Clean Calcite Crystals