How to Remove Creases From Louis Vuitton Bag
Louis Vuitton bags are made of high-quality leather, making them vulnerable to creases on the bag. Creases are unsightly marks and scars that appear on a leather material due to constant rubbing against each other. This is not only damaging to your Louis Vuitton Bag but also your hard-earned money, and you should always try to remove these as soon as possible before they get worse.
One important thing to remember is that not all Louis Vuitton bags are delicate and need extra care. The leather material used for an LV bag is sturdy enough to withstand strains if handled properly. But, there are instances when Louis Vuitton bags tend to get more creases than other bags.
Always keep in mind that minor creases on your leather goods can easily be removed before they become larger fissures. In this article, I will discuss how to remove creases from Louis Vuitton bag. So let us get into the core discussion.
Why Creases Occur?
Creases occur in the leather bag or purse for several reasons. One of them is because light reflects off the surface at certain angles, while others are caused by carrying heavy items inside and putting pressure on your Louis Vuitton handbag.
While it can be frustrating to find that your LV purse has developed a crease, you will be relieved to know that it can easily be removed. Not only is this quick and easy, but once the creases have been released from your Louis Vuitton bag, you won’t have to worry about them reappearing in the future.
Step-wise Guide on How to Remove Creases From Louis Vuitton Bag
1.Use a Hairdryer or Steamer to Straighten the Wrinkles in Your Leather Bag.
As you would for any wrinkled garment, consider using a hair dryer or steamer to remove wrinkles from your leather bag quickly. Hold the dryer at least 6 inches away to avoid overheating the material and causing damage.
2.Take Out All the Items Trapped Inside.
This might be a small tissue paper, bits of cloth, etc., that are stuck into the bag’s inner pockets and have resulted in removing its shape/delicate nature of having no creases! Again, make sure everything is removed out before moving on to further steps!
3.Place Some Heavy Books (2-4) on Top and Leave Them Overnight.
Since it will be hard to leave the bag for an entire night due to its weight, opt for placing heavy books on top and let them sit overnight. If you need to remove creases from any other type of leather like suede or nubuck, begin with a steamer instead of a hairdryer. And then proceed as described in further steps in this guide!
4.For More Severe Creases, Extend the Drying Time Longer Than Overnight and Use Heavier Weights.
If your bag has severely fold wrinkles, allow it to sit overnight with much heavier weights that equal around 5 times the weight of your leather handbag/pursThen, placeace some heavy books or even another full-size purse on top of it and keep allowing the weight to sit there for at least 24-48 hours. That should allow the leather to relax and return to its original shape very easily!
5.After 48 Hours, Remove All Weights and Use a Hair Dryer.
Once you wake up, remove the heavy books from your bag and then use a hair dryer (or steamer) on it to make sure that no wrinkles remain. The heat will help make the leather moist and soft, which makes it easier to do so.
Now press down with your palm over every area of your bag that contains creases/wrinkles after removing any trapped objects or tissue paper inside! This will flatten out those folds, giving your bag back its true figure! If you want further information on properly cleaning your Louis Vuitton Bag, check out our guide here!
Precautions While Removing Creases From Louis Vuitton Bag
- You may use any method to remove creases from LV bags. Still, you have to be very careful while doing it, as bag material is pretty delicate, and sometimes it becomes difficult to adjust all the parts uniformly.
- Keep your hands clean while removing creases from the Louis Vuitton bag as oil present on your hands can cause stains on the purse. If both sides of the bag are black, apply some mustard or coconut oil on one side of the purse to avoid stains once creases are removed.
- Make sure that you do not overstuff your Louis Vuitton’s with regular stuff like jeans & shirts, because if you keep heavy objects in your purse and try to remove crinkles, then there are chances that purses stitches can get ripped off.
- Always keep in mind that LV bags are not to be placed on the floor and if you have to put them on the floor, then do it gently while keeping in mind all the instructions that we have provided for removing creases from Louis Vuitton bag.
- You can also use hot water or steam cleaning to remove creases from your Louis Vuitton bags, but again, make sure that steam does not reach any plastic parts, as it may permanently damage those parts.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do Creases Come Out of Leather?
Creases come out of leather when it is not treated properly. There are two ways to fix creases in leather:
1. Use a suede brush or a piece of cloth that has been dampened with water and dab on the crease.
2. Heat up your iron on low heat, press the iron onto the crease, and remove it quickly by dragging it along the leather’s surface at a 45-degree angle until you reach the other side of the crease.
Should Handbags Be Stored in Dust Bags?
Handbags should be stored in dust bags to keep them from being damaged by dirt and other particles. It is also advisable to store your handbag in a closet or drawer to prevent it from becoming dirty when you use it frequently.
However, if you have a special bag that does not need to be kept clean, storing it without any protection may help protect its finish from damage.
Are You Supposed to Wear Crease Protectors While Walking?
No, you should not wear crease protectors while walking. However, the benefits of wearing crease protectors are:
• It prevents a large number of wrinkles from appearing on your clothes.
• Crease protectors also prevent any unsightly marks or wrinkles that may appear in the fabric because of walking around with the creases in your pants.
• When you have a crease protector on, it protects the fabric from becoming dirty and stained with dirt and oil from your hands as well as stains from your shoes.
What Size Force Fields Should I Get?
For force fields, the size is based on the amount of time you want to spend on them. If you are looking for a long-term project, bigger force fields will be better because they can withstand more use. If you are just doing something small and short-term, smaller ones will be best.
You Can Check It Out to: Store Louis Vuitton Bags
I hope this article has been beneficial for providing all the relevant information regarding how to remove creases from Louis Vuitton bag. Thank you and have a nice day!