How to Remove Pen Ink From Car Dashboard
Pen ink stains are an unfortunate part of life. Whether the pen is on your shirt, in your pocket, or just lying around, it’s bound to happen sooner or later. However, removing these stubborn marks can be difficult and time-consuming if you don’t have the right tools.
To remove pen ink from a car dashboard, it’s important to remember that the key is not to rub. Rubbing will only smear the pen marks and make them worse. So read on to know how to remove pen ink from the car dashboard and a simple solution that will leave your car dashboard looking new!
8 Ways on How To Remove Pen Ink From Car Dashboard:
1. Use Cotton Swap with Rubbing Alchohol:
Cotton swap is used to get rid of the pen ink from the car dashboard. It would be best if you had cotton swap, rubbing alcohol, and plain water for this purpose. First, clean the area with plain water, wipe it up and let it dry completely.
Next, take a cotton swab, dip it in rubbing alcohol, and apply it on the dashboard to remove the pen ink. Rub it in a circular motion for 10 minutes on each area. Let it dry for a while and wash with plain water thoroughly to eliminate pen marks from the car dashboard.
2. Use Palmolive Dish Soap:
Make a solution of Palmolive dish soap and water in equal quantities. Soak cotton swap into this solution for 10-15 minutes. Then, take the cotton swap out, wipe it on the dashboard in a circular motion for 5-10 minutes. Clean it with plain water after the mark is removed.
3. Use Shaving Gel/Cream:
Shaving gel is also used to remove the pen ink from the car dashboard. Take a shaving gel or cream, apply it on areas where you want to get rid of the pen ink, and rub it for 5-10 minutes. Then, wash it thoroughly with plain water.
4. Use WD-40 And Paper Towels:
Take WD-40 and paper towels, clean the area first with plain water. Next, take paper towels and dip them into WD-40; wipe them over ink marks with a paper towel for 30 minutes. If you want to get rid of the ink marks completely, you should repeat this process.
5. Use Bleach:
Take bleach, pour it in a spray bottle, and apply it on areas where you want to remove the pen ink. Then, spray the bleach on each area over with pen ink for 20 minutes. Let it stay for some time after drying, and the ink stains will be removed.
6. Use Cold Boiling Water:
Take cold boiling water, pour it into a spray bottle. Close the lid of the spray bottle and keep it for 5 minutes. Now open the lid, take out the cotton swap and clean the area with plain water, wipe it on areas where you want to remove pen ink from the car dashboard.
7. Use Baking Soda:
Take baking soda, mix it in an equal proportion of vinegar and water and make a thick paste out of the solution. Now apply this paste on areas where you want to remove the pen ink, rub it for 5-10 minutes. Wash it thoroughly with vinegar and water.
8. Use Toothpaste:
Take a white toothpaste, apply the paste over areas where you have pen ink on your dashboard. Let it dry for 10 minutes and wash with water thoroughly to remove the pen marks from your car dashboard.
5 Tips & Tricks to Remove Pen Ink From Car Dashboard
It is very frustrating to see your car dashboard stained with pen ink. There are several ways to get rid of pen ink stains from the dashboard, and we have explained them in this article. Here are some tips that work great!
- The heat generated by the hairdryer (high wattage) gets the ink dried up. Keep blowing air with the hairdryer on a low setting till you can wipe out the pen marks using a clean cloth.
- Take a tissue paper and dip it into the alcohol. Then wipe out the ink stains on your dashboard. It really works!
- Start by cleaning the stain using an eraser or anything rough like sandpaper or spoon’s backside (front side too smooth). After you are done with that, rub some alcohol on it and wipe your dashboard with a clean cloth to remove the stain.
- Use lemon juice or vinegar for removing pen ink stains from car dashboards. Put some white vinegar in a bowl, dip a cotton swab in it and then rub it on the marker marks. After that, get the entire surface wet with more vinegar solution.
- You can also use hair spray for removing pen ink stains from the car. Spray some hair spray on a clean cloth and wipe it off after using another clean cloth.
Some Precautions and Warnings
- Be careful when you are working with corrosive chemicals and hot steam. Use safety equipment such as gloves and goggles, particularly if your car’s dashboard is made from plastic or other delicate materials.
- If you have sensitive skin or are allergic to certain substances, such as silicone rubber, ensure that the cleaning solution you use is non-toxic.
- Make sure that you allow your car dashboard to dry completely before sitting on it or touching it in any way.
- Keep the cleaning solution away from your eyes, mouth, ears, and nose since these areas are susceptible and can be quite painful if exposed to corrosive chemicals.
- If the smell of the cleaning solution is powerful, try to open your garage door or windows; air the room you are in before starting work on your car dashboard.
How Do You Remove Ink From Car Plastic?
If you have found yourself with a bit of ink on your car’s dashboard or any other surface that is plastic, don’t panic. You can remove pen ink from the car dashboard without damaging the surrounding area.
One thing about plastic in the dashboard area is that it cannot be cleaned with water generally. Special cleaning agents are required to make sure that the dashboard doesn’t get damaged.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will Magic Eraser Remove Ink From Leather Seats?
Yes, Magic Eraser is a multi-purpose cleaning product that can be used to remove ink from leather seats. To use it:
1. Spray the magic eraser on the ink stain and rub it gently with your fingers.
2. Wipe away any excess liquid with a dry cloth or paper towel before applying more solution and rubbing again until the stain is gone.
How Do You Get Ink Out of Plastic Car Interior?
There are many ways to get ink out of plastic car interiors. The most common method is to soak the area in a bowl of vinegar, which will break down the proteins that bind with the ink and help it seep out.
Another method is using an aerosol cleaner like Simple Green, 409, or Fantastik. The cleaner should be sprayed on the stain and then rubbed with a clean cloth until all the ink is removed.
What Can Dissolve Pen Ink?
Dissolving pen ink is not a very common problem, but it does happen occasionally. There are some things that can dissolve pen ink, and there are also some products that you can buy to help dissolve the ink.
Some things that can dissolve pen ink include:
- Soap and water
- Hot water
- Baking soda
Can Baking Soda Remove Ink Stains?
Baking soda is a great household cleaner for many things, such as cleaning up spills and stains on carpets, clothes, and countertops.
It can also be used to remove ink stains from items such as pens, printers, scanners, or any other electronic devices that have been stained with ink.
It’s important to know how to remove pen ink from car dashboard. Pen marks are one of the most stubborn stains on your car, and they can be tough to get rid of without damaging your dashboards or vehicle interior.
We’ve compiled a list of different ways you can go about cleaning up that pesky pen mark, so it doesn’t bother you anymore! Check out some helpful tips below for what works best in each scenario. We also recommend getting a dash cover or protector so that this doesn’t happen again. Good luck with getting those pens off!