How to Store Paper Mate Flair Pens
Paper mate flair pens are a type of pen available in different colors, and the ink color can be black or blue. It’s one kind of marker that has a fine point tip for writing and sketching on paper. Paper Mate Blank Flair Pen can be used by students in school or office workers, even for writing your journals at home. Paper mate flair pens’ body is made up of plastic material. So it gives comfort when you hold this pen onto your hand without sharpness. It also makes you able to use it for a long time because it’s more comfortable than others. In this article, I will discuss how to store paper mate flair pens. So let us get started.
Step-wise Guide on How to Store Paper Mate Flair Pens:
Open the top of your pen case and remove the inner parts from inside it, i.e., Flair pens nibs/refills, cartridges, or caps. You may even write with them for a few moments to use their ink as much as you can before taking them out of your pen case.
Next, remove all bits of paper stuck on the bottom of the pens’ nibs with a cotton swab dipped in soapy water, then rub the nib’s tip against plain white paper till it is clean as per your convenience or you are satisfied that there are no more papers sticking onto the nibs or points.
Wash off any remaining ink from inside each Pen Magazine with water, not soap; for this, soak each pen magazine in water and turn it upside down. Shake off any excess water, but do not wipe or wash the nibs inside the Pen Magazine as they may damage them.
DO NOT use hot/boiling or freezing water for washing your pens. A lukewarm temperature will be enough to clean off the ink from your pens; this way, you may keep them away from any damage they might have encountered due to extreme heat/cold weather conditions.
Let them stand overnight in a sealed container filled with water up to the point where their tips are just visible, then wash them thoroughly in warm water (not hot) before using them again. This is recommended for removing stale ink from your Flair pens.
Now, put back the inner parts that were removed from inside the pen case, i.e., nibs/refills or caps which are going to be used again, and close the top of your pen case; keep it in a safe place where dust and air can’t touch your pens for long so that their nib tips don’t get dirty with ink deposit on them thus not allowing you to use them properly; this is more applicable for wooden-nibbed Flair pens.
If you want to remove all the excess ink deposits stuck on the nib tips, then take an old toothbrush and dip its bristles into the water, then rub them gently over your pen’s Nib Tips till they are clean as per your convenience or till you are satisfied that there is no more ink deposit on the nibs. Then, wash off any remaining water with clean water, do not wipe them with a cloth to avoid getting the fibers stuck between the tips.
Let your pens dry out in an airy place without any direct sunlight exposure for better results; this will help in keeping your pens safe and protected from all kinds of damage or wear & tear they might have encountered during their use/life span under normal circumstances or extreme weather conditions.
Store your flairs pen case when they’re completely dried up or cleaned and air-dried after washing with warm soapy water to avoid getting your Nib Tips dirty before putting back the pens to their case.
Finally, store your Flair pens in a safe place where dust and air can’t touch them so that their nib tips stay clean enough for you to use them the next time you need them.
Precautions While Storing a Mate Flair Pens:
- The ink might leak if it is stored for too long in a container that was not meant for storing pens, and the pen cap is closed tightly. Therefore, you need to be careful while storing a Mate Flair Pen so that you don’t face any difficulty later on.
- Be cautious when carrying these pens from one place to another because they are very delicate and made up of only thin parts, which can split or tear if you try to move them roughly or without proper care.
- Before buying a particular container for your pen, make sure it is safe enough to store flairs safely. For example, you may keep the pen with other things inside the cupboard but avoid placing them on top of each other.
- Do not try to force open the cap of the Mate Flair Pen as it might break down and cause leakage of the ink, which will damage your items. If this happens, make sure that you clean it immediately with water or any cleaning solution so that no stain is left on your belongings.
- Avoid keeping these pens in sunlight for longer periods of time because extreme heat may alter their chemical composition. As a result, they lose their color completely if exposed to light without proper protection from direct sunlight for a long time. In addition, the sun may discolor them permanently, too, so much care should be taken while storing them at home or office.
I hope this article has been beneficial for learning how to store paper mate flair pens. Thank you and have a nice day!