How to Break an Air Conditioner
When it’s hot outside, the last thing you want to do is turn on your air conditioner. But, unfortunately, when the mercury rises so high that it surpasses the thermostat’s preset temperature, you have no choice but to turn on your AC unit and suffer through a sweaty home. It may seem like there’s nothing you can do about this uncomfortable situation until fall comes around again. Still, there are ways of breaking an air conditioner without waiting for cooler weather.
It may not sound like a good idea to break an appliance to make it work better, but if you find yourself with some time and a few tools at your disposal, you may discover that breaking your air conditioner isn’t so hard after all. However, before you choose this drastic course of action, please read this blog post on how to break an air conditioner so that you know you’re doing it right.
Things to Consider Before Breaking an Air Conditioner:
1. Chances are you’ll have to at least partially pay for the repair or replacement of your air conditioner.
2. There is a chance that someone will fix it without replacing any of its parts.
3. You may want to avoid breaking the air conditioner if the only thing wrong with it is that it isn’t blowing cold air.
4. If the A/C is broken beyond repair, you may want to consider getting a new A/C or finding another method of keeping your place cool.
5. Your landlord might not enjoy being involved in this process.
6. If you are trying to break an air conditioner that is part of your room’s window A/C unit, you must consider your surroundings. The A/C unit will probably be somewhere between five and eight feet tall, which is a significant portion of the height of a standard room.
7. The A/C unit will probably be heavy, making it difficult to hold up for an extended period; you may want to get a sturdy chair or table for this task.
8. Depending on the type of window your A/C unit is mounted, there may be bars over the window. If you break your A/C and it falls into the bars, there will be a gap between the bars and the wall that will let out cold air.
You Can Check It Out to Reset Amana Air Conditioner
7 Ways on How to Break an Air Conditioner:
Air Conditioners are generally considered very fragile. They can be broken relatively easily with just some normal physical activity, such as dropping something on it or creating a small vibration. Be careful not to damage yourself in the process of trying one of these steps! Here we have mentioned some ways on how to break an air conditioner.
1. Drop a Heavy Object on it:
The easiest way to break an air conditioner is by dropping a heavy object on it. Be careful when doing this, as the broken parts can be very sharp and dangerous if they move around while the engine is running.
An excellent way to prevent accidents is to turn off the AC (Air Conditioner) and detach the power supply before doing this step. Also, make sure that no one is standing nearby or directly under where you are dropping the heavy object.
2. Shake it:
Another way to break an air conditioner is by shaking it so that the internal parts fall out of place. Be careful not to shake too hard or be very abrupt. If you are shaking it, ensure that the air conditioner is turned off and no one is standing nearby.
When you vibrate an air conditioner, it can cause internal parts to move out of place. To do this, turn the air conditioner on and put it on a high setting to make the shaking more intense. Make sure no one is standing nearby or directly below the air conditioner when you do this step.
4. Freeze it:
The easiest way to break an air conditioner is by placing a block of ice or dry ice on top of it. Put the block in place for a few minutes so that the inner cooing/frosting mechanism warms up and becomes less efficient since there will be no insulation from keeping cold air inside.
Ensure that you turn it off before this step, as you could damage the cooling mechanism if left on. Also, ensure that no one is standing directly underneath or nearby when trying to break the air conditioner.
5. Use Sandpaper:
Another way to break an air conditioner is by using sandpaper to create friction against the internal parts. Ensure that the air conditioner is turned off before doing this, and be careful not to damage yourself on sharp details while trying this step.
6. Use a Hammer:
A fast way to break an air conditioner is by using a hammer or other hard object to repeatedly hit it until there is nothing left but broken pieces of plastic and glass. Please turn off the air conditioner before doing this, and be careful when using the hammer not to hit yourself with it.
7. Use a Drill:
Using a power drill is another fast way to break an air conditioner into pieces. Ensure that the air conditioner is turned off before doing this, and ensure that no one is standing directly in front or near the air conditioner when attempting this step.
It may be hard to believe, but many things can go wrong with an air conditioner. We’ve been fortunate enough not to have had this happen in our own home, but we know from speaking with friends and family members who live in the south or other hot climates that they often experience some problem at one point or another.
Hopefully, none of these apply! If so, though, don’t forget about us to help diagnose your system’s issue and get it up and running again as quickly as possible. We hope this blog post has been helpful on how to break an air conditioner. Let us know if you have any questions in the comment section below!