How to Fix a Broken Glass Pipe Bowl
One of the more common ways a pipe can be broken is when it falls over and lands on its mouthpiece. This commonly happens with glass pipes, which have a delicate design.
The bowl of the pipe then shatters, and most likely, there will be shards of glass in the tobacco or marijuana that was being smoked at the time. Therefore, it’s important to clean out any remaining pieces of glass before smoking again to not inhale them into your lungs and cause an infection.
You might be wondering how to fix a broken glass pipe bowl. This is the question that comes up when you accidentally break your glass pipe or find it cracked. It’s a common occurrence and can happen with any type of pipes, not just bowls made from glass. This article will discuss how to fix a broken glass pipe bowl, so you never have to worry about it again!
- Duct Tape (or any other type of strong tape)
- Cotton Balls or Swabs
- Isopropyl Alcohol
- Alcohol Wipes (or any other type of clean cloth)
- Paper Towels or Napkins
- Tin Foil
7 Steps To Follow: How to Fix a Broken Glass Pipe Bowl
Before beginning the process of how to fix a broken glass pipe bowl, you need to clean it out. First, remove any remaining tobacco or other substances that may be inside and then rinse with water.
Now that your piece is cleaned off place all of the pieces together as closely as possible in their original positions before they were shattered into many smaller parts. This will help when trying to figure out where everything goes back together later on.
For this repair job not to break again, we need something strong enough and flexible enough to hold it all together. Hence, over time, there isn’t more wear and tear damage done from bumps in transit or being jarred around by everyday use (or even just being set down on a hard surface).
You will want to use any type of silicone adhesive that is designed for this purpose. You can find it in your local hardware store or online if you have trouble locating the proper one.
Once you’ve got the right stuff, generously coat both sides of where the break was with plenty of silicone sealant and allow it to dry fully before touching again. This should take up to 24 hours depending on how much product you used but make sure not to touch anything until then!
Once the sealant has dried, you should be able to touch it. If so, place a dab on your finger and gently press down into the glue to secure both sides together.
Finish by applying another layer of silicone sealant over the top for extra protection! You’ve successfully fixed your broken pipe bowl with this handy guide!
Wrapping Up: This is an instructional post about how to fix a broken glass pipe bowl using some common household items, which can often help save money from having to buy a new one altogether while also being more environmentally friendly. Hopefully, these tips will come in handy if you ever need them, but please exercise caution when handling any breakable or fragile material like this as there are always risks involved.
Precautions To Take
- Glass Pipe Bowls are very fragile. Therefore, you should always be careful with them and take precautions when handling them.
- Do not drop your pipe on the floor or other hard surfaces. This will almost certainly break it!
- Place your hand over the bowl while holding onto the stem to keep pressure off of it. This is a good precaution for any glass piece with an exposed hole in which you can stick fingers (like bowls).
- If possible, avoid carrying around broken pipes because they will more than likely break even further from being jostled in your pocket or bag. Broken pieces can also shatter much easier if dropped due to their vulnerability already caused by breaking beforehand.
- If any pieces of glass look like they could fall out or break off at the smallest provocation (like if someone bumps into your bag), then place those in a ziplock baggy and get them to a safe place.
- If the pipe is in pieces, then pick up as many of those and place them on top of the book (or magazine) to try to keep all of that from coming out at once.
- Place a towel over it and press down with your hand until you feel like there’s no more give. Do not use a vacuum cleaner to suck up the glass if there are pieces of it that broke off and stuck further down inside the pipe.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Kind of Bowl Is It, Standard or Zoomed?
It’s a standard bowl. You can tell because it has black spots in the glass around the edges from use, and they have not been smoothed out like on zoomed bowls which is clear or sometimes blue.
How Can I Tell if My Glass Pipe Is Broken?
Put your fingers on either side of the pipe, and if you can touch both at once without bending or feeling any resistance, then it is likely not broken. If there’s a gap where one finger should be touching the other, but cannot because of some sort of obstruction like dirt or grime in between them, then it is most likely broken.
You can tell because it has black spots in the glass around the edges from use, and they have not been smoothed out like on zoomed bowls which is clear or sometimes blue. The piece you are smoking out of doesn’t need to be broken for your pipe to be broken- any time a bowl tips over while hot, it will likely break.
Any Extra Pieces That Can Help if It’s a Standard Bowl?
If it is a standard bowl, you should have an extra pipe screen. It’s different than the one you use for smoking because it has holes in it to let air through so that all of your weed doesn’t combust at once. You can also break up another piece of glass and make some shards, as I mentioned earlier, if you want to try that.
Can I Super Glue a Glass Pipe Back Together?
Yes, but it’s not the best idea. As you smoke out of your pipe, the glue will start to melt and eventually break off again. For something like this I would recommend getting another glass piece from a head shop or some other place where they sell them so that you don’t have a lot of money invested in one pipe. However, if you are traveling and need a quick fix or something like that, using glue would be better than nothing!
If you’ve ever had a broken glass pipe bowl, then you know that it can be frustrating. But don’t worry! We have the perfect solution to fix your problem with ease and efficiency.
Here are the instructions for how to fix a broken glass pipe bowl and get back to enjoying smoking in no time at all. That’s right- all you need is some sandpaper and rubbing alcohol to get that pesky crack out of your way for good.
You May Read Also – How to Fix Hairline Crack in Glass Pipe