How to Get Rid of Big Front Teeth
Our teeth are one of the essential parts of our body. They help us talk, eat, and smile. Unfortunately, some people have big front teeth that can make them self-conscious about their appearance. Big front teeth are often caused by genetics or overeating sugar as a child, which causes cavities to form in between your teeth, causing them to grow larger over time.
However, there is good news! You don’t have to get braces or surgery if you want to get rid of those big front teeth. In this blog post, we will go over some simple ways how to get rid of big front teeth without having to spend money on expensive cosmetic dentistry procedures. So let’s get started!
10 Ways on How to Get Rid of Big Front Teeth:
1. Unbuckle Your Jaw
The first thing you have to do is unclench your jaw muscles, which are the primary cause of big front teeth. The larger the mouth opening, the bigger the teeth appear to be. You can get rid of extra overhead space by shutting your mouth. Try swallowing or chewing gum to put your jaw in a closed position.
2. Stand Up Straight
Secondly, good posture improves the appearance of teeth. Having your head up straight when looking at yourself in the mirror will make all of your features appear smaller. Try pulling your shoulders back and standing as tall as you can to reduce the size of big teeth.
3. Cover Teeth With Lips
Big front teeth can also be hidden by smiling with your lips closed. Pull back your upper lip and reveal the upper teeth to complete the look. Be aware that it may not always look as natural as a big smile, but it does reduce how much space your front teeth take up in photos.
4. Look in Mirrors
A simple trick is to look in the mirror with your mouth closed and teeth together. This will make your teeth appear smaller than when you smile, which will give you an idea of what to expect in photos or when meeting new people.
5. Consider Veneers
If unclenching your jaw, standing up straight, and smiling with your lips closed doesn’t work, there are always veneers. Veneers are porcelain shells that fill in the spaces between teeth to give you a natural-looking smile. They work by filling in the gaps so that no light can reflect off of them, which makes them disappear into the face.
The surgery usually costs around $1,000 and can be done in one day.
6. Get Filling for Front Teeth
If you don’t mind getting surgery but don’t want veneers, there are other ways to get rid of big front teeth without surgery or braces. You can ask your dentist about composite fillings, which can be used to reduce the size of teeth. Composite fillings are usually done in one appointment.
7. Use Teeth Whitening Toothpaste
Whitening toothpaste is another option you can try if veneers or fillings aren’t your things. It can’t fix the front teeth specifically, but it will make them appear whiter, making the space between your teeth seem smaller.
8. Braces Can Help
If you are still growing, braces can reduce the size of big front teeth. By closing up the spaces in your mouth, you’ll have a much smaller smile overall. You may need to discuss this option with your dentist before making it permanent.
9. Get Braces for Your Bottom Teeth
Another option is to shave down the other front teeth if you’re still growing by closing their spaces. This will reduce the appearance of any overlapping teeth and close up your smile so that your big front teeth are less noticeable.
10. See a Dental Surgeon
If none of the above options work for you, your last resort is to see an oral surgeon or another dental professional who can help you get rid of front teeth by filing them down, shaving them down, or adding braces.
Orthognathic surgery can also be performed where your jawbone is repositioned so that your teeth are more spaced out. This is usually done for corrective reasons, but it has the added effect of making big front teeth less noticeable.
You Can Check It Out to Fix Big Front Teeth
Some Tips and Suggestions:
1. Straighten your teeth by wearing braces for a year or two. While this may seem like the most effective way to get rid of big front teeth, it is also costly and time-consuming. Moreover, not everyone can afford it. If you don’t have enough money to pay for braces, you might want to skip down to the other methods.
2. Talk to your parents about getting braces. If you are under 18, talk to your parents about paying for orthodontic treatment (braces). They may be willing to pay out of pocket if it would help you in the long run. If they refuse, explain the benefits and advantages of having straighter teeth. If they still refuse, maybe it’s time for a different approach.
3. Wear retainers. After you get your braces off, be sure to wear a retainer every night. If you don’t, your teeth will go back to their original positions. Wearing a retainer is different from wearing braces; while it doesn’t make your teeth straighter as braces do, it keeps them in place once straightened.
4. Have jaw surgery. Jaw surgery is a last resort when all else fails. A doctor will pull your lower jaw forward and chop out some of the bone to reshape it so that your teeth and jaws will fit together better, making your face less lopsided. However, jaw surgery is costly and has a lot of side effects. So doctors usually won’t suggest it unless nothing else has worked for you.
5. Don’t grind your teeth. If you grind your teeth at night, it will wear down the tooth enamel on your front teeth, making them shorter and giving them rounded edges instead of sharp ones. Don’t wear a mouth guard, either; it’s expensive and ineffective.
With a few simple steps, you can get rid of those big front teeth and make your smile look its best. First, give the dentist’s office a call to schedule an appointment to take measurements and find out how much it will cost. Once that’s done, they’ll be able to give you different options on what type of procedure would work best for your needs.
They may also recommend getting braces if there is room in the budget. This way, when you’re ready for dental implants or veneers, everything else will already be taken care of! We hope this blog post on how to get rid of big front teeth has been helpful. Let us know your thoughts in the comments below!
You May Read Also: How to Make Charcoal Powder for Teeth