How to Ground a Ceiling Fan with No Ground Wire
Do you want to know how to ground a ceiling fan with no ground wire? If yes, we can assure you that this article could be the best possible solution for you without any doubts.
If you like working with your hands, introducing another roof fan can be a fun and compensating task. In any case, there are consistently wellbeing safety measures that you should take. Continuously ensure that the power is killed before working with electrical wiring.
Establishing is another wellbeing system that decreases the danger of genuine electric stun. Most present-day homes are outfitted with an establishing framework incorporated into the electrical structure.
Some more seasoned homes might not have ground wires present in the electrical boxes. Accepting that you have just expelled the old light installation, we will go directly to alternatives for wiring the fan.
The Process of How to Ground a Ceiling Fan with No Ground Wire
- Ensure that the intersection encloses your roof is one that is apprised for a roof fan. You could set yourself up for a terrible mishap if the roof fan falls on the off chance that it is not.
- Undoubtedly, there are two answers to this issue. The principal arrangement, which is the better one yet may end up being expensive, is to have your home reworked, supplanting the entire wiring with ROMEX® wires that incorporate a ground wire. Additionally, have a ground pole introduced outside of your home.
The second answer to the issue is to wire the roof fan without the ground. The ground wire does not convey any electrical flow. The ground wire diverts uprooted power to lessen the danger of electrical stun if, suppose, the metal pieces of the roof fan or some other apparatus or part joined to your electrical framework turns out to be unintentionally accused of power.
So on the off chance that you wire your fan without the ground wire, it will look at present work appropriately. Be that as it may, the additional security of the ground wire would not be available that you choose to wire your fan without the ground, continue to the following stage.
- Mount any sections essential to hang the roof fan.
- Collect the fan as indicated by the producer’s guidelines and drape the fan from the mounting part.
- Wire your fan, making use of twine nuts to interface the white cord from your fan to the white wire to your roof. Subsequent interface the two darkish wires in a comparable way. Attempt not to strain over the floor twine for the time being, yet having your electrical framework grounded have to be a want.
- Keep amassing and introducing your roof fan, as indicated by the maker’s directions.
By completely following all the steps mentioned above, you can successfully learn how to ground a ceiling fan with no ground wire. And as an outcome, you can apply your acquired knowledge in practical work!