How to Hang a Round Rug on the Wall
A round rug is a kind of floor mat, usually made from an oblong piece of thick pile carpet that is hemmed all around and has fringes on the bottom. Round rugs are typically used for decoration inside homes and places of business; however, it is possible to make a simple one-piece design and hang it like a wall hanging instead.
Doing so can add flair to any room without having to buy expensive custom wallpaper or decals. In this article, I will discuss how to hang a round rug on the wall. So let’s get started.
A Detailed Stepwsie Guide on How to Hang a Round Rug on the Wall:
After you’ve decided on the perfect spot for your round rug, step back and take a look to see how it looks. Use chalk or masking tape to draw a circle on the floor that matches the outer dimensions of your circular area rug.
Remove any existing baseboard moldings from the wall spot selected, and assume this will be your work surface. Use a carpenter’s level to ensure your work surface is perfectly horizontal before proceeding further.
Place one edge of your circular area rug against the wall, so its outside edge lines up with the perimeter drawn in step one. Mark the 2-inch space along this circumference by pressing pins through all layers of fabric at 4-inch intervals around the circumference of your circular rug. Remove the carpet and set it aside.
Drill a 2-inch diameter hole where each pin is placed, then drill smaller pilot holes for screws roughly 1/8 inch in from the edge of your outlined circle on the wall (these screw holes will be covered later). Now you’re ready to hang your round area rug!
Insert a screw through one of the larger drilled holes with a bolt attached and twist until secure with two wrenches or pliers (it helps to insert an old, cut-off broom handle as the second wrench for this step): repeat steps 4 and 5 with all large drilled holes around the circle’s perimeter on the wall.
Allow sufficient space between bolts along circumference so that there are no more than two screws per square inch.
Secure your circular area rug to the wall by inserting a bolt through the smaller drilled hole at each plane of symmetry. This will create a mirror-image effect around the circumference. Line up the outside edge of your rug with the chalk line you drew previously. Now that your area rug is secured firmly to the wall, it’s time for step seven!
Get rid of the old square base molding along with the bottom third of the wall by sawing off its four corners with abrasive cutting blades in an oscillating multi-tool or handsaw (or have your handyman do this if you’d rather be doing something else). Cut new 1/4-inch thick base molding at the appropriate length, then affix it along the perimeter of your circular rug with a finishing nailer and exterior adhesive.
Prime and paint this new trim before installing it using these simple painting instructions from HGTV.
Your new round area rug is the perfect way to add a touch of style to any room. With a bit of patience and know-how, you can create a stunning focal point in any room with a large circular or oval rug on the wall. But, of course, no matter what sized walls you have to work with, your new rug will make a beautiful addition to your home.
Precautions While Hanging a Round Rug on the Wall:
1. The height of the wall should be greater than that of the rug.
2. Ensure that no electric or telephone wires are running across your wall where you wish to hang the rug.
3. Ensure that the area on which you plan to place the round rug is free from any harmful object like furniture etc., to protect it from getting damaged or stained by these objects if they fall over it accidentally.
4. If you have a fireplace in your house, ensure an adequate gap between it and the edge of the round rug so as not to burn it accidentally.
5. Your AC/AC cooling vents should not be blocked by the round rug, as it may damage them.
6. Ensure that no minor children in the house can accidentally trip over the rug and fall, hurting themselves.
7. Cleaning rugs can be a cumbersome task at times, so make sure you clean the wall first before hanging the rug on it. Also, sometimes dust particles might get stuck to both objects after cleaning one of them… So make sure to take this precautionary measure beforehand!
8. If your wall has wallpaper on it, ensure that you do not damage the wallpaper during installation of the hook for hanging purposes or while folding back/unfolding it later when installing another adhesive-backed turn for convenience.
9. You must have a sturdy wall to hang the round rug on it safely. Usually, walls with good plastering are strong enough to bear the weight of the rug’s consequence, but sometimes bricks might be weak so take your pick!
10. If you wish to place the round rug in an area where there is ample sunlight or near an AC vent, remove it during those times and store it carefully so as not to damage its fabric or create stains during storage and wear and tear.
What Are The Advantages of Using a Round Rug?
There are very many benefits of using a round rug. Here are some.
1. You don’t have to rotate it or turn it over; once you place it on the floor, it’s okay for use all-around your house. It will always stay right side up, and you’ll never have to flip the rug again! No more rotating time! Its stays right where it’s put which is great if you’re running low on time today.
2. It works well in small spaces because no corners stick out into your walking space as other rugs would. This saves you from bumping into your corners every time you walk by them and makes cleaning around those areas quickly as well… no more moving how furniture to clean the corners.
3. They are straightforward to clean; it’s easy to vacuum or sweep up around them if you have pets. Their tiny hairs won’t get all tangled up in the fibers of your rug, which is excellent for those who enjoy furry friends at home but hate cleaning after them all the time!
4. Multipurpose: Round rugs can be used on any and every type of flooring surface, and they work well as a decoration piece too. You can use them as centerpieces for your tables, put them on top of your bed or even hang them from walls so that you may enjoy their decorating benefits without having to walk on them! It’s not just for floors anymore… these rugs are incredible for every room in the house.
5. They are economically friendly because you can use them on any surface without having to worry about the rug slipping or sliding over your flooring surfaces. It will stay right where you put it and won’t move an inch, even if it’s on top of a smooth tiled/plastic/vinyl floor! It’s perfect for those who want to keep their rugs safely in place without using tape or glue, which could potentially ruin their feet.
You Can Check It Out To Extend Deck Joists
I hope you learned a lot from this article on how to hang a round rug on the wall. So go ahead and give it a shot! You can do it by yourself, don’t be afraid to express your creativity in your home decorating project. Always ensure the precautions are correct. Thank you and have a nice