How to Hang Party Decorations Without Damaging Walls
The holidays are the perfect time to get together with friends and family. But how do you decorate? There’s a lot of different options, but one thing that many people don’t realize is that it’s possible to hang decorations on the wall without damaging them or your walls. In this article, we’ll go over how to hang party decorations without damaging walls either! One of the best ways to hang party decorations without damaging walls is by using adhesive hooks. Adhesive hooks are small plastic or metal hooks that come with an adhesive backing. All you need to do is peel off the backing and stick the hook to the wall.
Things You’ll Need
- Binder Clips
- Ribbons or Laces
Instructions: How to Hang Party Decorations Without Damaging Walls
Step One: You will need to measure the height of your wall and cut a piece of string that is double this length. The desired length will depend on what you are hanging, but it should be long enough so that you can tie them all around the hooks like a garland without any slack in the string.
Step Two: If you’re using hooks, find the appropriate place to hang them and use a pencil to trace an outline of where they should go on your wall. Try not to make the spacing too tight, but if that is desirable, then spray paint or wallpaper can be used as well, so it will completely blend in with the background!
Step Three: Once you have your hooks in place, pull the string tight against the wall and secure it with a few pieces of tape. Make sure to not leave any slack, or else this could cause damage when removing them! Once you have your hooks in place, use a few pieces of tape to secure the string tightly against the wall. Make sure there is no slack, or else this could cause damage when removing them! Hang the photos on the string using clothespins or other small clips.
Step Four: First, tie each end of the string around one hook. Then, use an appropriate knot for hanging decorations that don’t have a knot already. Double knots are recommended to hang heavier items.
Step Five: Hang your decorations by simply placing them over the hooks and using the string as a guide. Make sure that it doesn’t touch any other surface, or else this could cause damage as well! As you can see, it’s very easy to hang your decorations with a string. Just make sure that you’re using a strong string and not one that will tear easily. You also want to make sure that the string is long enough to reach the ceiling without touching any other surfaces.
10 Creative Hang Party Decoration Ideas
Here are some decoration ideas for you to check out if you need some inspiration:
- String of paper lanterns: Hang them by hanging the string of lanterns over a hook and securing it with tape.
- String of Lights: Hang these in the same way as paper lanterns, but make sure they do not touch any other surface to avoid damage.
- Flower wreath: Hang this decoration from one end using twine or rope and then stack it in a circle.
- Bohemian garland: Hang this decoration vertically using twine or rope, and then attach paper flowers to the string as you go along, ending with a large flower at the top of the wreath!
- Tissue paper pom poms: Hang these from a hook using twine or rope and then make sure that the poms are not touching any other surface.
- String of fairy lights: These can also be hung by hanging them over one end and securing it with tape, but you will need to ensure that they don’t touch anything else, too, as this could cause damage.
- Paper banner: Cardstock is easy to manage, so create this decoration by cutting shapes out of card stock that is large enough for what you want on your banner (e.g., letters or shapes) and then tape the paper to a wall a blue painter’s tape.
- Giant balloons: These can be hung on the walls using string or tape so long as they are attached at one point only; otherwise, this could lead to popped balloons and potential damages. We recommend that you hang these from the ceiling and not attach them to a wall, as they could cause damage.
- Dreamcatcher: This decoration is best hung from the ceiling rather than on a wall. Again, this could lead to popped balloons and potential damages if it’s not properly attached.
- Streamers: These are also easy to hang. You can hang these from the ceiling or walls, but make sure it’s securely fastened to a wall stud because this could lead to popped balloons and potential damages.
Bonus: Some Tips To Hang Party Decoration
- If you are having difficulties finding a position that won’t damage your wall, try putting the hook on top of an already existing nail. Hang from this, as it will be much less likely to tear up the walls and paint.
- Hanging decorations with clear hooks might seem like a good idea, but they can often snap off when hung from ribbon, which can lead to a really nasty drop.
- Hanging decorations from nails in the ceiling is not only an unattractive place for guests to look up to, but it could also present some safety hazards when people are standing below them. Make sure you have clear space around these hooks and don’t hang anything too close.
- Decorations should be hung no more than three feet away from each other – any closer may cause items to knock into one another or damage your walls if they fall after being dislodged by someone walking by.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Should I Hang Party Decorations on Brick Walls?
The key is hanging the decorations so that they do not pull, stretch or break anything in your home. Adhesive hooks can be used with great success if you have brick walls because of their weight capacity and ability to hold items without damaging your wall surface.
What Can You Do If There Isn’t Enough Room for Hanging Items?
When there isn’t enough room for all of the decorating items, consider creating an “overhang” by having some decorative pieces resting against the ceiling. In contrast, others are hung from below them. This creates more space for additional items to be hung.
How Can I Make Sure The Items Won’t Fall Down?
When hanging decorations, always make sure that they’re secured from the ceiling with a string or wire so that they don’t fall down unexpectedly when someone bumps into them by accident. This will also prevent any sudden drops of water (such as rain) from pulling items off of your wall and onto you while standing underneath it.
If you feel like your walls are about to cave in under the weight of all those holiday decorations, then it’s time for some creative solutions. We have compiled some ways that our readers can hang their festive decor without causing any damage to their walls or ceilings!
All you need is a little creativity and ingenuity. The best way we found to avoid damaging your walls is by using a light adhesive. This will not damage the paint on your wall, and it’s easy to remove when you’re ready for another party! We hope this article on how to hang party decorations without damaging walls will help you to make your next event more festive!
You may read also: How To Make Mini Snowman Hats