How to Make Multi Color Vinyl Decals Silhouette
Vinyl decals are always a great way to decorate your school bag or water pots. And adding a Silhouette cameo to these will make it livelier. For this reason, today, we will show you a technique on how to make multi-color vinyl decals silhouette. This will include all the necessary steps, and this technique will highly benefit beginners.
Making multi-colored vinyl stickers with silhouette cameo can be quite tricky because this involves both a computer-aided process and some essential artistry. Thus, we have shortlisted some steps, which will make it easy, and our readers will also fee much comfortable while performing the task. The process is discussed below with a proper explanation.Making multi-colored vinyl stickers with silhouette cameo can be quite tricky because this involves both a computer-aided process and some essential artistry. Thus, we have shortlisted some steps, which will make it easy, and our readers will also fee much comfortable while performing the task. The process is discussed below with a proper explanation.
• Step One: For this process, at first, you need to do some design on Photoshop. This is the type of decal that you want. You will need a computer that has Photoshop software installed, and then you will need some multi-colored vinyl. You will need a cutting mat and some sticky sheets to keep the stickers and then work your way with it. Then you will need a cutter for carving out the stickers. And you will also need a plotter and a computer which has the Silhouette Studio software installed.
• Step Two: Once you have gathered all these, you should start by designing your decal. This will be done in Photoshop software. You can apply any technique to create decal, and you can also use your favorite characters or words. For beginners, we suggest that you use exciting words because it will be easy to carve them out of the vinyl sheet. Once the design is done, you can apply suitable colors to them for making the decals more aesthetic. We prefer that you use block letters, which will provide a shadow on the word.
• Step Three: For the decal design, you can also use handmade artwork, it is always preferable, and we suggest you take the option which will make your work comfortable. After the painting is completed, you can scan and then import the picture into Photoshop. Then you can easily add a layer on the image and then tune the image according to your requirement. You will need good proficiency in Photoshop while performing this task, so we suggest that you take a quick lesson on some basic Photoshop lessons before performing this task.
• Step Four: After you have tuned the whole image and the image is ready, you can start plotting it. For this, you need to stick vinyl paper son the sticky sheet. These damp sheets can be easily obtained from the departmental stores, and it will not damage your paper. You can easily attach the paper on it, complete the plotting, and then take off the paper. There will be no damage that occurred to your decals. The most important thing is this case is maintaining the total dimension of the edges.
• Step Five: Now you have to export the image from Photoshop to Silhouette Studio. Then you have to crop the portion that you want to keep, and for having a better hold on the picture, you can apply a threshold layer. This will allow you to get a desirable background for the image. Once all of these are done, and the picture is ready to plot, you can apply the copy option and make multiple decals as per your requirement. Next, you have to send them to the printer and take out the image.
• Step Six: Now you have to make sure that the vinyl paper is black because it will easily carve the letters out of the paper. Once the image is printed, you can take some sticker paper and then cut the vinyl paper’s letters. Then you have to attach the vinyl paper to the sticker paper. Your work is almost done, now you have to do some final touch-ups for making the sticker.
• Step Seven: Now you have to take a transfer tape and then attach the sticker on the transfer tape. This tape will act as a medium for transferring your sticker to a vinyl paper. Once the transfer tape is connected, you can peel off the tape, and you will get your desired vinyl sticker. You can use this technique and apply various color vinyl paper. You must ensure the sticker’s base color, which is the black color and white background, and then you can attach them to any suitable colored vinyl paper.
In conclusion, we would like to express our gratitude to the readers, and we hope that the steps we have mentioned here will surely help you make your multi-colored vinyl stickers with a Silhouette cameo. The beginner will much like the technique, and with very little knowledge, you can perform this task. Thank you for your time. Happy crafting. Have a nice day!
You May Also Read –