How to Get a Smooth Acrylic Finish on Dollhouse Walls
Dollhouse is a particular part of every girl. In childhood, most of the time of a little girl is passed playing with her dolls. Surely as a father, you would want your princess to have a playful childhood with her dollhouse. To make the dollhouse more attractive, we will suggest a technique on how to get a smooth acrylic finish on dollhouse walls. These colors will attract your daughter to apply with the dollhouse, and the DIY skills of you as a person will significantly enhance.
There many ways that can be implemented to have an acrylic finish on your dollhouse walls. This will indeed become an easy task for the learners. But there requires much sincerity throughout the process. Our readers can have an excellent learning time by going through this technique. We have shortlisted some easy steps, which will allow you to know the entire process properly. The steps are simplified below with adequate explanation.
• Step One: At first, you need to gather some essentials for the task as it is painting the dollhouse walls, so you will need some paint-related tools. You will need some brushes of varying sizes. Then you will need a work cloth so that the paint does not make a mess to your attire. You will need wood glue and glass paper. If glass paper is not available, then you can use sandpaper instead. You will need a knife, some plastic sheets, and bright colored paint tape.
• Step Two: Next, you have to choose the paint type that you want to use for the dollhouse. It is better to use acrylic paint, which will provide a refractive surface, but you can also use emulsion paints for the house’s internal walls. Latex paint can be used for the exterior walls and doors and windows. This will provide a great look to them and is suitable to protect from external aggression. The interior walls can also be painted with eggshell and flat latex paint.
• Step Three: Once you have gathered all the necessary elements and decided the type you want to use, you can get to work. At first, you need to take off all the Plexi-glass components from the house. This is much important because the paint will affect the glass, and it will be harmful. You also have to take down all the doors and windows. It is better to install them after you have painted the walls. This will cause you less labor and will be highly efficient.
• Step Four: Now you have to separate the walls. This is much important for getting an acrylic finish because the walls will be painted in many layers. You need to set them freely under appropriate air supply for the proper drying of these small walls. After the walls are detached, the prime task of the painter is to create a smooth surface. For this, you can use sandpaper of glass paper and rub the wall surface. Make sure to stroke is a specific direction and thus make the surface smooth.
• Step Five: After sanding the wall, you should not use the regular cloth to clear the walls. It is better to use a microfiber cloth. The excess amount of fiber present it the fabric will make the wall cleaner and safe for the environment. Once you have cleaned the wall, you should start painting the wall. For this, you need a primer. The first coating should be a primer coating. This is much needed because the wall’s adhesive action will be increased by using a primer on the wall.
• Step Six: After the layer of primer is applied, you should start using the primary paint coats. It would be best if you waited for the primer to dry before you apply the paint. The first layer of the color shall be applied usually, and you should cover the entire wall. It is better to use a roller brush for painting, and you can also use a sash brush for the edges. In this manner, the first layer should be applied, and you should wait for the paint to dry before applying the next layers.
• Step Seven: After the first layer is dried, you have to sand the surface lightly, this will make the paint reflective, and you have to apply the next layer. In this way, you should keep on using the paint layer and sand them lightly. This will allow you to get an acrylic finish. We suggest that within three coatings, you will get your desired finish.
In conclusion, we would like to express our gratitude to the readers. The process we have stated here will be highly beneficial for painting your miniature dollhouse, and the walls will get a smooth refractive acrylic finish. The technique will be much useful for beginners who are willing to learn new things and explore them. Thank you for your precious time. Have a nice day!
You may read also –